cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder and Catalyst C9300-48UN

lraposa01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently on Cisco Emergency Responder 11.5.2.20000-6. This version can not locate phones that we have via switchport if the switch platform is a C9300-48UN. However, the C9300-48UN is not listed in the compatibility matrices in the release notes for 11.5.4(SU10) or 14SU1 which would be the two versions I would consider updating to in order to resolve this issue.

The OID for the C9300-48UN (According to Solarwinds SNMPwalk) is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2494. However, this is listed as "ciscoCat9300FixedSwitchStack" and not the model number in Solarwinds MIB Browser. In Solarwinds MIB Browser, "ciscoCat930048UN" is listed as 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2564. Regardless, both of these OIDs are not in the compatibility matrices for the two CER versions listed above.

Is this an error, is my info wrong, or is the C9300-48UN not supported by these two versions of Cisco Emergency Responder?

2 Replies 2

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I was not able to find these OIDs in the release notes of the CER 11.5 SU10 or 14 SU1, but I've found this defect https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq17310?rfs=iqvred.

However, based on the internal notes of the engineer it appears that the OID was in fact included in the devices.xml file in CER (containing the supported switch OIDs) and was therefore supported. The version they had was 11.5(4.50000.6).

I would recommend going for the 11.5 SU10 and to see if you'll be able to track the phones on it. If not you can open a TAC case so they can look further into this if there's a discrepancy between the documentation and what's included in the devices.xml. I would've done it myself but I don't have these versions at the moment in my lab. 

I have an open case with TAC concerning this and they have escalated to Product Design as the OID is not correct. This case has been with prod for about 2 weeks now. I expect some sort of cop file or something when they determine the resolution.

John B

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: