cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway 8.11.4 installation error

mmoss80
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install Expressway and I'm receiving this error at the end of the boot process. 

Cisco expressway starting vmtoolsd no value found.

I cannot get to the Web interface, but can ping it. When I log into the VM console I see 4 alarms, which I believe is because I'm not completed the config.

NTP Server not available

Invalid Key Release

Date and Time not validated

Configuration warning - H.323 and SIP modes set to Off

I don't normally work with VMware, and I'm not sure where to start on this one. A google search of the error didn't help much either. It's installed on a BE6K using vSphere Client 5.5 and I used the small Deployment configuration so I don't believe it's a resource issue. I have a feeling this is something simple, but I followed the steps in the install guide found here. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/install_guide/Cisco-Expressway-Virtual-Machine-Install-Guide-X8-11-1.pdf

I'm going to keep searching, but figured I'd get a thread going as I work on a few other items as well.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mmoss80
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have an idea at all?

I am getting the same error on boot. Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Thanks.

centrino1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Did anyone tried to resolve this issue? I have exactly the same issue with Expressway-E V14.0.4

I am not sure how to resolve it. Usually it works perfectly when I install it. Once I apply some configs and restart then it gets stuck at starting vmtoolsd no value found.