Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway C/E deployment

diengle100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have to deploy MRA via Cisco Expressway C/E but I have a question which i hope you can help me with. Today i have downloaded the license keys with this options included for the Cisco Expressway-E and they came in a PAK: 

LIC-EXP-AN                     
LIC-EXP-SERIES                 
LIC-EXP-GW                     
LIC-EXP-TURN                   
LIC-EXP-E          

Where the LIC-EXP-SERIES option activated the Expressway-C feature, and LIC-EXP-E option activated the Expressway-E feature. The license keys with this options I downloaded them from a PAK so I utilized the virtual serial number of the VCS Virtual Machine. But this just set up Expressway-C o Expressway-E at a time. Can the Expressway-C and Expressway-E stay in the same VM and perform both functions? Or Do I have to request the other license Key for the other VCS Virtual Machine gets activated with the Expressway-C feature?

I hope you can help me with this doubt that came up.

Thanks in advance for your support.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, EXP-C and EXP-E are separate VMs, you cannot have just one VM perform both.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime,

One more question, Can VCS Control be deployed with Expressway-E, I mean VCS Control act as Expressway-C? I have undertood VCS Control is deployed with VCS Expressway and Expressway-C is deployed with Expressway-E, can these deployments be mixed?

No, they don't mix, either you have VCS-C AND VCS-E, or you have EXP-C AND EXP-E.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: