cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM and Presence 10.5.1 Ova Deployment Error

Mazzy Star
Level 1
Level 1

We have a BE6000, we have successfully setup the CUCM 10.5 and Paging Server 9.0.1, But we're having trouble on the fresh re-installation of IM and Presence 10.5.1 when we're deploying its OVA. The system calls for a Halt during 2:45 remaining hours for Installation. Please see attached file for the error encountered.

23 Replies 23

Hello, I see this is an old post but I am having the exact same error during my install of a second imp node and I noticed your comment about having users already deployed. I currently have users deployed, is there a workaround for this if that is the case?

Also, not quite the same version as the original poster, I am running version 11.0.1.10000-6 on IMP and version 11.0.1.21900-10 on call manager. 

tks

Mazzy Star
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Terry Cheema  & Jaime Valencia, by your apt responses we were able to formulate on how to resolve this problem yesterday, We made a fresh re-install of the CUCM 10.5 (as we are still in the testing stage of BE6K).

The trouble may have been caused by the order of Operation of Deployment:

simplified scenario:

1st Deployment:

CUCM - ok

IM and Presence - ok

2nd Deployment:

retained CUCM's VM from the 1st deployment, no re-installation of CUCM done. And populated the CUCM with configs such as Router Patterns, VG config, Ldap Integration, & other config related to telephony.

IM and Presence - fresh re-install, syncing with the CUCM's 1st Deployment VM.Critical Error Encountered on the db. Checked all network parameters including domain and dns, all good and matches cucm's. And password are all good. 

We came into 2 conclusions that may have caused the DB Critical Error (on DB install): 

One, probably the 1st Deployment CUCM is still seeing the old node as the valid IMPS.

Second, since the CUCM is already populated with other config and users from the ldap, the db of the IM and Presence being installed won't sync with the db.

Thanks for the detailed feedback (+5) - it maybe helpful to the community in case someone runs into similar issue.

And also glad to hear your issue is resolved.

-Terry

You're Welcome!
But this is just a work around I guess. Because, what if multiple applications are all running well, and the IM & Presence Component failed. We'll be forced to re-install the CUCM, which will incur a downtime for our voice as well. 

Yes Agree - its an ugly work around..I have seen a lot of issues in the forum with the installs/upgrades with 10.5 lately...

-Terry

I ran into exactly the same issue, reinstalling the cup publisher after issues with IP address changes.

Here is the description of actions to avoid the error in the case you have to install an unrecoverable IP&P server. This helped me to do an successful install. There is one step which is misleading but easy to fix. Step 4b asks you to remove the Pub from the redundancy group which is not possible, you have to delete the redundancy group.

Have a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_I95AD2FE_00_installing-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_I95AD2FE_00_installing-cucm-100_chapter_0111.html

Looking into version 11, it seems that these hoops are not needed anymore.

hope that helps

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12137741/final-error-installation-unified-presence#comment-10605501

Thanks Patrick!

I tried this, but could still not delete my IM&P server.  I discovered I had a UC Service profile that referenced my IM&P server.  Once I deleted that, I was able to delete my presence redundancy group and then the server itself.

TAC also advised me to ensure no users are in their home group so that's possibly something else to look at.

Thanks for your link.

stavropouloss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

Since I had the same issue, what I did to fix it was to delete the IM&P server from System > Server section and add it back again when the re-installation script notified me that this was not the first node in the cluster. After that it passed through the db installation (it took a while though I thought it would fail again) to the presence component installation. It looks like this is only happening when you try to re-install the IM&P after you have done it once and put the server in the cluster already one time (like deleting the VM and creating a new one).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: