Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM and Presence 10.5 Installation Issue

Ng Tian Sheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have successfully installed and configured both CUCM and CUC on the same UCS server, but when I proceed to install the IM&P server on the same node, the attached prompt appears (please see the attached image), by the way this IM&P Server is the first node in the system but I just do not know why the system prompted "This is not the First Node in the cluster"

This is IM and Presence Server version 10.5.1.10000-8, I have tried delete the VM in ESXi Host and rebuild the VM using OVA template, but the result still the same, I have also added this IMP Server in my CUCM (System --> Server), but still the same.

Does anyone know what is the problem with this and how to solve it?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most of the cases i have seen with this error have been due to the IM&P server not being added under System > Server on CUCM admin page. Can you try deleting the IM&P Pub entry from cucm , reboot CUCM Pub, readd the entry under System > Server and try the install again. If it still does not work, you will need to collect the install dump.

HTH

Manish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As of version 10 IMP server is a node on CUCM, so you need to add it on CUCM first.

Chris

Todd Hebert
Level 5
Level 5

That's because the CUCM Publisher is considered the first node in the cluster.  Presence is considered a subscriber node to CUCM now.  Although the first IM&P node you install will be the database manager for IM&P.