Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.1.0 Runtime Error

Soulmaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Hoping some one can able to assist me on my current issue. I have one colleague that everytime we launches his CIPC we are getting the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error.

Below are the steps I have already done but still can't resolve this issue.

1. Re-install the application, including deleting registry entry, folder on C: drive.

2. Re-install Visual C++ Redistributable (all version from 2005 to 2017)

3. Run CCleaner on the machine.

4. Re-install CIPC under the administrator account.

5. Run the CIPC under administrator, compatibility mode Win7 and Win XP.

Any other thing I can check and do to fix this issue? unfortunately re-imagining this machine will be hard for me since a lot of other software and configuration needs to be done. 

Please note that this is only happening to one machine and we have 100+ machines that are running fine. 

6 Replies 6

Hi there, I had the similar issue earlier with Windows 10 (known bug - CSCvc46415 ) and I resolved with upgrading my CIpC to 8.6.6.1 ES. you don't get this from the public site, you may either need to get TAC or refer the below URL to download this version. https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cisco-ip-communicator-8-6-6-1-es/td-p/3318739 Regards, Shalid Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Shalid,

thank you for the comment above, unfortunately I am still getting the runtime error even after installaling the latest CIPC 8.6.6.1 ES.

Hi there

Pls try this

1) Exit IP Communicator (Make sure it is not running in the Task manager/Process)
2) Delete all the registry keys
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Communicator\
3) Uninstall IP Communicator manually from control panel.
4) Disable the firewalls on PC
5) Grant admin rights for user account temporary.
6) Install CIPC again.
7) Run IP communicator with the user account.
8) Remove administrator rights from the user account.

Also try upgrading the version of Java

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Rath,

I already tried the above steps and unfortunately it also didn't work.

Hi Shalid,

thank you for the comment above, unfortunately I am still getting the runtime error even after installaling the latest CIPC 8.6.6.1 ES.

Spoiler
CICP version 8.6.6.1 cisco ip communicator

we have same eroor in some laptops. even we install the version 8.6.6.1. here the steps we did. 

- Uninstall CIPC version 8.6.6.0.
-Reboot computer.
-Install CICP version 8.6.6.1
-Reboot computer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: