Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator and Microsoft Direct Access Compatibility

ing_ivandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello engineers!

I kindly ask for your help to know if a Cisco IP Communicator SoftPhone could run through the Microsoft Direct Access Service instead of a traditional VPN connection.

Thank you for your comments!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

IIRC DirectAccess is very much reliant on  IPV6 and you are unlikely to be running your CUCM system over IPV6. I think you need some sort of third party box to allow access to IPV4 servers, which is likely to be another source of compatibility problems.

Regards

Aaron

Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

IIRC DirectAccess is very much reliant on  IPV6 and you are unlikely to be running your CUCM system over IPV6. I think you need some sort of third party box to allow access to IPV4 servers, which is likely to be another source of compatibility problems.

Regards

Aaron

Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your answer, effectively the issue is that CIPC does not have an option to direct traffic to an IPv6 destination, so I was researching and maybe with this two options (from different vendors), I can do it:

Microsoft's Forefront Unified Access Gateway

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/740.uag-directaccess-and-ipv4-only-networks.aspx

Centrify's DirectSecure

http://www.centrify.com/blogs/tomkemp/what_is_microsoft_directaccess_and_unix_linux_interoperability.asp

but well, I will contact this vendors in order to know better his solutions.
Thanks again!

Hi there,

Did you manage to get this working in your organisation? Seeking some info please :-)

Thanks

Dwayne

/bump Any luck with this? Would love to get softphones working over directaccess

Any luck getting this to work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: