Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator and Microsoft Teams

Hi,

I have a user who raised a ticket in regards to CIPC and MS Teams. The issue is when he is on a call with the CIPC and receives a Teams call, he puts the CIPC call on hold and answers the Teams call the CIPC automatically gives a busy signal. Is there a work around or a fix for this? The user is using a Jabra Evolve 75 headset with Jabra Direct installed.

11 Replies 11

Migdalia
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a fix for this?  I am having users complaining of the same issue using hp headsets.

No, but I think it depends on the headset. Our standard issue is Jabra Evolve 65. We have some users using a Sennheiser equivalent with no issues. Our only work around is to exit the CIPC when using Teams call. There has to be a better solution.

abnixx
Level 1
Level 1

One may face issues after connecting the new Jabra head set that Cisco phone get activated/dial tone automatically starts as soon as you try Teams call.

To fix this issue please download and install Jabra Direct from below URL  on user machines .

https://www.jabra.in/software-and-services/jabra-direct

Regards

Abhishek

I'm having a similar problem. I have a Sennheiser SC630 headset that is used for Jabber calls.  We are transitioning to Microsoft Teams and I am unable to make calls via Teams with that headset if Jabber is open.  Log out of Jabber and it works fine.  I borrowed someones Plantronics headset and don't have any problems switching between the two.  Is Jabber refusing to let go of the Sennheiser?  I downloaded Jabra Direct and didn't see any settings that would help me.  Exclusive Control for the Sennheiser has been disabled in Windows.

Our service desk installed the Jabra software before the ticket came to my teams queue. Did not fix the issue. To date I do not have a solution to this problem. 

We started having the same issue.

Once I downloaded and installed Jabra Direct it initiated a firmware update for our Evolve 20 headset.  I then had to close out of IP Communicator and re-run the AutoTune Wizard.  Once all of this was done, both programs started running correctly.

@JoshSmits64424 I just tried exactly that on my own Jabra Evolve and Jabra Link 370 and it appears to have resolved my issue. I did take an additional step I found someplace else. Process detailed below. 

Platform is Windows 10 1909

Installed Jabra Direct, both the Jabra Link 370 usb dongle and the Jabra Evolve 65 needed firmware updates. Completed both updates. 

Closed the Cisco softphone out completely (remember it likes to hide in the systray)

Opened the Sound Control Panel (mmsys.cpl) > right click the Jabra speakers under Playback tab > go to properties > Switch to the Advanced Tab > Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device > repeat same settings change for the Jabra Microphone on the recordings tab. Also wanted to note the Jabra is my default communication device and Default device in both Playback and Recording.

Launched the Audio Tuning Wizard as administrator and everything only gave me the option of Default Windows Audio Device, except for Ringer when I set to my laptops speaker (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Launched the Cisco IP Communicator then just for good measure I went ahead and close out teams and restarted it too.

Joined a Meet Now meeting from Teams Calendar and joined the audio. This is the point where the softphone would usually continually pick up the line and give me a dial tone in addition to the Teams Audio but it did not this time. I picked up the softphone line and received dial tone, and hung it back up, no affect on teams audio.

I also muted and unmuted the mic several times in Teams without causing the softphone to pick up the line, which it also did before the firmware updates. 

So glad I found this post it's solved a long standing issue for me which i didn't even consider this resolution path for. Thank you guys!

- Mike

windows 10 1909 

Jabra Direct 75 with the latest firmware 

Cisco IP communicator 8.6.6.0

Every time I take or make a Teams calls, my IP Phone picks up and I hear a dial tone.  If I hang up the Softphone, it disconnects my Teams call.

The one thing that fixed this issue for me was to go into the Jabra Direct software

Click on the Jabra LInk 370 dongle and expand the settings

Under - Softphone (PC) > Softphone Integration (bluetooth) 

--- I flipped this off and the issue was resolved. 

But wouldn't that disable you controls of the SoftPhone (Pick up, Hang up, Mute) if you turn off this function?

Thank you very much Andrew, it worked perfectly for me !

Updating the Jabra firmware, helped.
After you update close out of Cisco and Teams and do: Opened the Sound Control Panel (mmsys.cpl) > right click the Jabra speakers under Playback tab > go to properties > Switch to the Advanced Tab > Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device > repeat same settings change for the Jabra Microphone on the recordings tab

we have:
Cisco IP - 8.1.1.3
Jabra 20 headsets ( w/latest firmware ) - 4.1.0
Teams  - 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: