Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator and Windows 8

stevedub45
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use the IP Communicator  application on my laptop for when I am on call for work at home.  Everything works fine with Windows 7, but on Windows 8 I can't get it to register on the network.  I get a  "Registration rejected: Error DBConfig", then it sits at "Configuring IP."  I even had our IT guy look at it and he was not able to figure out what the cause could be.  I really want to make the jump to Win 8, but this is the only thing holding me back.  Any help or assistance would be greatly apprecitated.

Thanks!

Steve

13 Replies 13

mschowdhury
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check following

1. Have you changed your laptop recently resulting in change of Network Adapter?

2. Currect Network adapter has been slected under Preferences --> Network

3. Currect TFTP servers are selected

Hi Guys,

I have no problem in registering CIPC with windows 8.

But i have identified a bug with it;

Supervisor cannot silent monitor the agents if CIPC is in windows 8, it works fine in the case of windows 7..

I tested this in UCCX 10.6 finesse supervisor unable to silent monitor. Any help topics on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jayadurai, K C

Servion

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Steve

What the version of your CIPC on Win 8 PC?

Have you created the Device in the CUCM?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

He used it successfully on windows 7 so i assume device is already created.

Confirm the Device name created in the CUCM that need to maych with your CIPC Device name.

Wich Version of your CIPC?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Wow, you guys are fast!  I am not sure what the CUCM is exactly, so I don't think this is set up.  On Windows 7 all I did was manually set the Device Name and the TFTP Servers, which I verified several times to make sure they were correct.  Once that was all set, I just connect to the VPN, Run as Administrator and it would register on the network.

The version I am using version 7.0.5.0 as well.  Thanks for the quick response guys, much appreciated.

To add, I also tried to run this in compatibility mode to no avail.  I notice that it is really slow loading compared to Windows 7 as well.

Hi Steve

The error "Registration rejected: Error DBConfig" means that there is no device record for this CIPC device within Cisco CallManager, anyway from Windows Compatibility Center I noted that the Windows 8 have support for CIPC Version 8. So try instal the CIPC V8

Ensure that if the device MAC of your CIPC still under CUCM database and that is the same on your Device configuration, a good test is try start your CIPC in the office also disable the firewall machine.

Please rate all helpful post

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Thank you for your response Bruno.  I will check with our IT guy to see if there is anyway we can update to version 8 of the software.  I sort of had a feeling that this may be the reason for the issue I am having.  I'm also guessing that the CallManager is something my IT will have to check on the server side.  I will keep you posted if anything else comes up.  Thanks for the help guys!

You are welcome!!!

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

This is a relatively old post, but  I am having the same issue with Cisco IP communicator on Windows 8.

I am using Cisco Ip Communicator Software version 8.6.3. My CUCM is 7.1.3.20000-2. When I launch the software, alll I see is "registering".

Reading online I found a thread that said said they were successful when the Ip Communicator was manually pre-configured into the CUCM (using the laptop's MAC address) and version 8.6.1 IP Communicator software was used.  I am trying to downgrade to that software version, but so far all I see when I launch the software is it trying to connect to the tftp server for a file download.  The tftp information is greyed out and all 0's are applied as the address. The software will not let me manually enter the information. Who has had luck with this?

I am having the exact same problem you are having Susan. Any luck on your end since your post?

Susan,

You need to open the CIPC app as an administrator.

Do the following...

1. Right-click on the desktop icon AND choose "Run as Administrator
  2. Go to the Network tab
  3. You will see that the TFTP portion is now available for editing

If this does not work, make sure that the CIPC app is not running already.

Jel

ThoughtWorks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: