Replies

Cisco IP communicator is interfering with Microsoft teams

TimenSmets56716
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community

I'm encountering following issue for a couple of call center clients:

Clients use following headset: Jabra Evolve 20 MS

Cisco IP Communicator is interfering with Microsoft teams. I cannot be in a call in Teams while the IP Communicator is open and running. When I try to join or start a call on Teams, the IP communicator starts a phone call until it automatically stops and cuts me off from any conversation.

Currently we only have one workaround available:

1. Open teams and IP Communicator 

2. Open the task manager with control+alt+delete and close the IP Communicator from there 

3. Reopen the IP Communicator 
Like this it then seems to be working but otherwise it always clashes 
Does anyone has experience with this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

7 Replies 7

phull
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem.  When I tried to use MS Teams to make the call, IPcomm would make a hang up noise, it would lift up the phone handset.  It plays that hang up noise started the call with the hang up noise interference.  Only I hear the noise, it plays this noise for 10 secs then hang up Teams call.  What I did, is I change the audio settings in Teams to use my integrated speaker, instead of the Jabra headset.  Not optimal, but I don't have the interference.

Dear

Thanks for your comment.
In my organisation we also found out this 'workaround', yet it is not ideal
like you said.
We are now trying to update the Jabra software to the latest version.
Hopefully this can help.

Kind regards

Hello,

I had this same problem with an user with a Jabra EVOLVE 20 MS. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware for the headset and this resolved the issue.

I hope this is helpful. 

keyur.prajapati
Level 1
Level 1

Try right click on Speaker icon on right bottom corner of your screen and select Sound option.

Go to Communications tab and bring radio button to Do Nothing.

Test the applications audio.

Could you provide more specific instructions on the right click sound and do nother?

What OS are you running as i do not see that option and i'm on win10.

Having same issue so hoping this can help us.

Very anxious to hear from you.

Thankss,

Paul.

Rob-Daley-IT
Level 1
Level 1
This tool would help, its free from Jabra its a software specifically designed to allow all virtual apps on someone's PC to share the headset and sound to all be used at the same time: https://www.jabra.com/software-and-services/jabra-direct

Updating the Jabra firmware, helped.
After you update close out of Cisco and Teams and do: Opened the Sound Control Panel (mmsys.cpl) > right click the Jabra speakers under Playback tab > go to properties > Switch to the Advanced Tab > Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device > repeat same settings change for the Jabra Microphone on the recordings tab

we have:
Cisco IP - 8.1.1.3
Jabra 20 headsets ( w/latest firmware ) - 4.1.0
Teams  - 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: