cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator with UCM DOWN

All,

I have only one user that is getting the following error on her CIPC:

UCM down, features disable.

AFAIK, this is related to a communication problem between the cipc and cucm. However, I dont see errors at the switchport. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thiago

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's between the equipment IPC is, and the CUCM server???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Sorry this delayed response. Well, this is how it is:

IPC --> 4500 --> Nexus 7k --> Nexus 5k --> UCS with cucm

Thanks,

Thiago

If the issue is reproducible, then a parallel capture from the IP phone as well as the primary callmanager server ( to which the ip phone is registered ) would prove if any TCP / Skinny / SIP messages are getting lost during transit.

HTH

Manish

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thiago,

Some useful informaion about the possible causes in the following post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2007806

Try registering with a diff server, check if only one cipc is affected or a lot of them, CPU / Memory usage on cucm when the issue occurs, apart from checking intermediate devices as suggested by Jaime.

HTH

Manish

Manish,

I did what you mentioned. Since we have two cucm server (Pub and Sub) I've configured only one server on user cipc. So far, everything seems to be good. I will switch to the another server eventually and if the user cipc drop calls while connected to the second server, I will open RTMT and see on the logs. There is no error whatsoever on user interface and we have a lot more users on the same floor without any problem!

Thanks,

Thiago

What I found was the following:

1 - User cipc connected ONLY to the publisher, the cipc does not drop on calls

2 - User cipc connected ONLY to the subscriber, the call drops and the cipc freezes on user screen.

My thoughts, maybe...maybe some local firewall application doing something when traffic is going to the subscriber?? Besides that...the path is the same..there was no stp re-convergence whatsoever...

Thanks,

Thiago

That's why a parallel packet capture between CIPC and Subscriber is required to confirm any packet drops. Additionally i would suggest checking the replication on the cluster.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: