Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ip phones not getting the correct time

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I have a cisco ip phones registered on cluster cucm publisher and subscriber , the problem that i have the ip phones not getting the correct time from NTP  it gets time less than 10 min , when i checked the ntp server from cucm with : show ntp status i find the correct time . 

Best regards

14 Replies 14

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Whats the model of phone and CUCM version you are running ? This might be a  firmware issue of phones. Try updating firmware to the latest and give a shot

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Thankyou for your reply ,

The Phone is registered in the Subscriber when i checked the Synronisation of NTP on the Subscriber i found this (image in below) 

Best regards 

The subscriber(s) should be automatically set to get the time from the publisher. See this output from one of our subscribers for reference.

admin:utils ntp config 

This node is configured to synchronize with one of the following NTP server(s):
  usdenextcucm01      

admin:utils ntp server list 
usdenextcucm01
admin:utils ntp status ntpd (pid 10873) is running... remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter ============================================================================== *10.192.21.31 10.192.4.210 2 u 154 1024 377 0.363 -0.219 0.249 synchronised to NTP server (10.192.21.31) at stratum 3 time correct to within 54 ms polling server every 1024 s Current time in UTC is : Tue Mar 15 09:14:17 UTC 2022 Current time in America/Chicago is : Tue Mar 15 04:14:17 CDT 2022

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply ,

When i checked  Utils ntp status  in Subscriber it gives me :

Utils ntp status

Ntpd (pid 26205) is running…

No association ID's returned

Unsynchronised

time server re-starting

polling server every 8 s

How can i do to resolve this ?

Best regards

Not sure, but as a first step I would recommend you to restart the subscriber node. Then when it comes back check the database replication across your CM system.

Response Signature

The replication between publisher and subscriber is good .

Best regards

As a matter of fact restart the Publisher as well. Something is off with your system.

Response Signature

The subscriber gets the correct time now after restart cluster , but the unsync message still persist on subscriber . Thank for your help.

Best regards

Hi,

You probably hit this issue : CSCvs38748

Cisco answer ==> The "/etc/ntp.conf" is empty or corrupted so you need Tac assistance (root access) to update this file with the CUCM IP address.

My alternative answer (without need to ask the TAC) ==> Log into the OS Admin page on the Subscriber. Then go to the page "Settings --> IP --> Publisher" and just click on the "save" button without change anything.

Then, all files in the Subscriber which are based on the Publisher IP address, will be updated. Hence the "/etc/ntp.conf" will be ok.

The issue is for a perticular model or for all of them ? can you make sure that the you have selected proper time zone in Date and time group and applied on the device pool. 

As @Ratheesh Kumar  mentioned, if there is a firmware upgrade available upgrader the firmware and see if it make a change. 

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply ,

When i checked the phone is registered in Subscriber ,and yhe subscriber show this :

Utils ntp status

Ntpd (pid 26205) is running…

No association ID's returned

Unsynchronised

time server re-starting

polling server every 8 s

Best regards 

Subscriber should sync with publisher and it should show synchronised and not unsynchronised.

Resolve  the NTP issues  and I hope the phones will have the right time 

Response Signature

I checked the replication it's good , and the publisher is synronised good with NTP and show the correct time , but in the subscriber not .

Best regards 

Are they SIP phones? If so, you will need to add a phone NTP reference to the date/time group that is referenced by the phone's device pool. SCCP phone synch to the publisher automatically. Most SIP phones need a specific phone NTP reference in their DTG.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: