Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco iPhone Mobile 8.0 & 8.1 connection problems

acarnegie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been testing Mobile 8.0 & 8.1 on a number of IPhones within the company. We have however run into a problem where the Mobile client  fails in its Directory connection & its Desk Phone Integration. It appears as if the app is losing the credentials provided during the setup process. With regards to the MS directory integration we use a common username & password for all users and this is defined in the user profile on CUCM so we never have to enter these credentials during the setup process of the app. Why would it be losing these details which then causes the connection to fail? Likewise the credentials for Desk Phone Integration are entered during the setup process and do not change but within a couple of the days the connection will fail.

So when 1st setup the connection status for all 3 services is connected but within a couple of days it changes to show the following

Desk Phone Integration  - Error

Directory - Disconnected

Internet Calling - Connected

Has anyone else experienced this and if so how was the problem resolved.

Thanks,

Alistair.

7 Replies 7

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Desk Phone Integration, Directory, Internet Calling operates on different connection to call manager. if they are connected during initial setup and then gets disconnected, my guess would be that there might be some sort of intermittent network connectivity issue.

To isolate the issue you can try putting credentials from CUMC itself to check if the behavior changes.

Also do make sure that SIP Inspection is not enabled if the iPhone is traversing through ASA or firewall to communicate with call manager

Thanks

Thanks for your earlier response.

Typically we see the problem 1 or two days after intially configuring the client. During this time the iphone will have connected & disconnected from the wifi multiple times. What I don't understand is why it should be failing, the username & password for directory integration are stored on the CUCM within the dual-mode device profile so surely it should always know what these credentials are. With regards to the username & password for directory integration do you know if there is timeout for how long those credentials are valid within mobile 8?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'To isolate the issue you can try putting credentials from CUMC itself to check if the behavior changes' which credentials do you mean?

Thanks,

Alistair.

Hi,

if CUMC loses connectivity to CUCM it will try to re-connect for certain service. By configuration on CUMC meaning - there are settings that can be done on Call Manager Device configuration or it can be done on CUMC it self.

Thanks

The credentails that can be configured in CUMC are for directory integration

and we already have these configured in each users dual mode device

profile. Despite this the application still loses this information and

will fail to connect to MS Active Directory.

lassebjoern
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can also confirm this issue - I haven't found out yet what excactly will cause the passwords to be removed from the config yet - It's not always time-based, it seems...

Regards,

Lasse

I can also confirm this.
I now have to enter my passwords (for desk phone integration and directory integration) on a daily basis.

it-licenses
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same problem too.  I have multiple iPhones/iPads/iPods we are testing this with and all experience this problem.  I have a TAC case open so I will report back anything I learn from them.  If anyone has come up with a solution I would love to hear it.