cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 12.5.1 - Reset App Script

Ryan Sanders
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently migrating call managers and need to initiate a reset of Jabber. Currently the only way I've found to reset the application is to either manually reset the app as the user, or to delete the files in the CSF folder in the user's profile via a script. 

What I would like to do is automate the reset of Jabber when the application launches. That way there is no user interaction to initiate the reset. I would prefer the application initiates the reset instead of removing the configuration files.

Currently we are using Cisco Jabber 12.5.1.27406 and are on CUCM 12.0.1.22022

Thanks in advance for any help. 

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have done similar migration on couple of occasions and ended up working with desktop team to push GPO update for Windows machines to delete the files/folders to essentially perform the reset.  For Mac clients I found that you simply just need to kill the dns responder service and perform DNS flush to point to new CUCM.  With Windows client below version 11.9 which used xml files rather than .dat files to store configuration you just needed to delete the home-uds-info.xml file to re-trigger SRV re-discovery, but with newer clients deleting the similar .dat file is not sufficient and config file needs to be deleted as well which wipes stored Jabber settings, i.e. ring tone, etc.

That's an interesting option. I like it because Group Policy updates when a user logs in ensuring that these folders would be deleted before Jabber starts. Did you have any issues with the timing? Jabber is set to run on startup, and might view the folder before the GPO is applied. 

Thanks again for the reply. 

I forgot to mention I've always had the GPO terminate jabber.exe before deleting the files/folder, otherwise it will not perform the SRV lookup.