Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Guest - Call Failed!

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I'm getting an error message that I can't seem to track down any documentation on.

I open my Jabber link, opens up Jabber Guest, appears to connect and while waiting it says "Call Failed!" "The server was unable to communicate with the media controller"

I'm using the latest versions for Cisco Jabber Guest iPhone, Jabber Guest and VCS.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Need any information from me?

3 Replies 3

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Crickets......

So if you see this error it's basically a TURN error. I was testing using an iPhone but if you try it using a desktop you get documented error messages showing it to be a TURN configuration error. Hope this helps someone else.

jlbailey
Level 1
Level 1

I am posting in a 2 year old thread in desperation.

My boss is attempting to connect to a Jabber call via an iPad on the Jabber Guest app. He receives the same error "Call failed! The server was unable to communicate with the media controller". I have connected to the call via the Jabber Guest app on an iPhone and did not receive this error.

I cannot find any information online about this error, what a media controller is or how to rectify the software to successfully connect to the call. I have called Cisco customer support only to be bounced from department to department with no further help. I am desperate for any clarification or starters on how to fix this error, as attendance on this call is a necessity.

Best!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: