Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber History transfer

JanJansa40898
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm currently facing an issue with Cisco Jabber. I'm trying to move the history of Jabber chat conversations from one PC to another, but if I copy the .db file (over 11000 KB size) with history to the new PC, it resets back to default 10 KB size after login, therefore it resets the whole history. I checked the version of Jabber on both PCs and both got version 12.1.1. The whole thing is happening inside our company network and it's the same domain account on both PCs.

Do you know what is causing that and how could I solve this, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately you can't solve this:

Encryption of User Data—With the introduction of fast sign-in feature in 11.9 release, user data such as,contacts, chat history, call logs, favorites,cached server configuration,user credentials and voicemail are all encrypted. This security enhancement helps protect customer data in the event of device loss, malware, or a security breach.

Each install used a different encryption key, and will only work with files using that same key, which cannot be changed and is not configurable.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately you can't solve this:

Encryption of User Data—With the introduction of fast sign-in feature in 11.9 release, user data such as,contacts, chat history, call logs, favorites,cached server configuration,user credentials and voicemail are all encrypted. This security enhancement helps protect customer data in the event of device loss, malware, or a security breach.

Each install used a different encryption key, and will only work with files using that same key, which cannot be changed and is not configurable.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: