cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber / VOIP setup deployment

mrochac
Level 1
Level 1

Gents i have a somewhat complex but yet,i think straight forward question - curent company status;

- jabber setup and running internally not great but its running

- voip works but I have been requested to get it to work from outside of our network, same with jabber.

Question - what's the process? what do I need to install, purchase, setup, deploy...

Any assistance would be great or documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With your current versions, you're looking at a VPN option

You don't meet the requirements for MRA

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-7/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-VCS-Deployment-Guide-X8-7.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're not giving us a lot to work here with, the answer will depend on what versions you have (of everything) and what endpoints.

You could be looking at MRA, AnyConnect, Phone VPN, etc.

voip works but I have been requested to get it to work from outside of our network

You'll have to elaborate on exactly what you want.

Any of the above are not simple solutions, I'd strongly suggest you reach a Cisco Partner, or a consultant to get someone to review your requirements, your current infrastructure, and then see what options you could use, and then, what you might need to buy.

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply Jaime - if you are asking about equipment hardware information like router, switches, or CUCM ver - we are a full 95% i should say cisco in house - i can get the info that you want if you advise what you need? Jabber version is 9.2.2 all our routers or most of the are running IOS 15 (C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(4)M4, REL )...

What else do you need? thanks ahead of time..

CUCM?? IM&P?? versions

That Jabber version is really old, and unless you upgrade, right now you would be looking at a VPN option.

HTH

java

IM&P - ver 9.1.1.20000-5

CUCM - ver 9.1.1.20000-5

i realize the age to the software and how i need to upgrade, this is part of the process we're going through right now - i hope the above helps.

With your current versions, you're looking at a VPN option

You don't meet the requirements for MRA

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-7/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-VCS-Deployment-Guide-X8-7.pdf

HTH

java

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

We need more information....

- jabber setup and running internally not great but its running

Can you elaborate on this? What is not working with Jabber?

- voip works but I have been requested to get it to work from outside of our network, same with jabber.

What do you mean by VOIP? As in calling between internal phones? Internal to external? Via Jabber?

The best route in my opinion is MRA Via Expressway and it may even be free if you have the right UC licences already.

Extending VOIP to outside the enterprise may not be the best next step if the internal system has issues so I would probably address these first. 

We may be able to help if you elaborated on the existing issues you have.

Jabber internally is fairly straight forward, even more so if you just want the Phone Only features so any issues are likely a configuration problem but we need to know more to help you. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: