Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MediaSense 8.5.4 or 9.1 in a lab system

jason.mcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully installed Mediasense 8.5.4 or 9.x on a NON UCS chassis in a lab? I've used both the OVA template for 8.5.4 and 9.x (adding the media storage drive to the 8.5.4 OVA template as instructed in the readme, thick provisioned the disks (and also tried thin provisioning originally) all to no avail. Each time the installation essentially fails either at the installing DB component step 5 - a known bug for a missing media storage drive (which again I added to ensure i wouldnt hit it.) or it fails within the installORA.sh script. with the following error:

"The installation has encountered a  unrecoverable internal error"
"/usr/local/cm/script/installORA.sh install PostInstall 9.0.1.10000-47 failed".

Note the above error occurs both in 8.5.4 and 9.x.

Here's what I have for a lab setup.

Dell poweredge 2900

ESXi 5.x

3.5TB space on two datastores (1.75tb each).

I'd really like to get this thing working in my lab but I fear its not possible, hence my question to the group.

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I expected the same problem with mediasense when I have tried to install it to VMware workstation and Core 2 Duo processor. Then I tried to install it to ESX using ova template for SRE module, and it is working.

Xeon E5 2640, vm uses 4 cores and 6 gb RAM, and 3 vHDD 80 gig each. In lab environment works just fine.

Most likely you are getting this error due to processor (or CPU reservation). Try to use OVA temlate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jason.mcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

I expected the same problem with mediasense when I have tried to install it to VMware workstation and Core 2 Duo processor. Then I tried to install it to ESX using ova template for SRE module, and it is working.

Xeon E5 2640, vm uses 4 cores and 6 gb RAM, and 3 vHDD 80 gig each. In lab environment works just fine.

Most likely you are getting this error due to processor (or CPU reservation). Try to use OVA temlate

Thank you very much, this worked!!!

Sorry for the late reply.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi 

I managed to install 8.4 version in my lab on VMware workstation using the ova .However I am unable to reach the ipaddress and the login page dosent appear?