Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco mediasense (Recording) fresh installation error

ciscoceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i am doing a fresh installation mediasense 10.5. After install the application when i am configuring the wizard i see the below error after put the 

AXL credentials.

"AXL connection failed. Verify that the server is accessible and that IP address, username, and password are valid."

Anyone know?

Thanks Anna.

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is  a bug related to older version.Not sure if it helps.

Wrong message to save ucm config after a waring msg 4 empty axl provider
CSCtx75179
Symptom:
The error message: ""The AXL Service Provider credentials are incorrect. Verify your ip address, username, and password and re-submit. "

The credentials are all correct. The error message is misleading

Conditions:
1. logon to oraadmin
2. Select Administration -> Unified CM Configuration
3. Move all entries from "Selected AXL Service Providers" to "Avaliable AXL Service Providers" list
4. Click "Save"
5. Click "OK" on the popup dialog box which says "AXL Service Provider List cannot be empty"
6. Move back the AXL service provider to the "Selected" list
7. Click "Save"
8. The following error message displayed:
"The AXL Service Provider credentials are incorrect. Verify your ip address, username, and password and re-submit. "

Workaround:
Click the "Reset" button. It will show you to the current setting. There is no configuration change due to the above actions.

Lastly, what is the number of characters u are using for password?

regds,

aman

Hi.

CUCM AXL end user created with all possible roles.

But I have

Error reading Available Service Provider Data due to AXL Service errors. Showing stale data, if available. Check log for further details.

Please, help.

Evgeney,

What version of CUCM are you running and are you sure the AXL Service is activated on the server you are using? Have you tried using another CUCM server in the cluster to connect to?

To check if AXL service is activated or not, go to

Cisco Unified Serviceability >> Tools >> Control Center - Feature Services >>    Cisco AXL Web Service

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hi Deepak,

standalone server CUCM 11.0.1.20000-2 Unrestricted, Cisco AXL Web Service is activated

MediaSense 10.5.1.12001-136

Thanks.

Media Sense 10.5 is not supported with CUCM 11. Check the below Compatibility Matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_MediaSense_Compatibility_Matrix#Version_10.5.281.29

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

My Friend, thanks!

I had this issue too.

You should add following roles to AXL user for CUCM 10.5 to avoid this issue.

• Standard CCMADMIN Administration
  • Standard SERVICEABILITY Administration
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: