Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MeetingPlace 8 EMS with WebEx node for MCS

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up Meeting Place for the 1st time for my office UC Collaboration suite

Products installed:

Cisco Meeting Place 8.x NFR (8.0.1.3)

Cisco Meeting Place 8.x WebEx Node NFR (8.0.1.8)

I been doing days of reading on the docwiki. Audio conferencing with the MP alone is working fine on my setup

I am trying to configure for Web Deployment: Cisco WebEx Scheduling, Internal Meetings.

Would like to keep everything on-premise

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0_--_Choosing_a_Web_Deployment_for_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0#Components_Used_for_Cisco_WebEx_Scheduling.2C_Internal_Meetings

Doubts/Enquiry

It states that component used:

• Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server.
  • Express Media Server.
  • Cisco WebEx Node on MCS.
  • Cisco WebEx site.  
    • Required in order for the user to join a meeting.
    • One Cisco WebEx site handles both internal and external meetings

I believe that i am missing the Cisco WebEx site step. I have key-ed in PAK license for the WebEx Node on go/license website. But i do not receive anything in return for almost a day now.

Am i on the right track; expecting Cisco/WebEx to send me some Site Registration form or etc?

Based on the fact that i am on a NFR kit

Please advise

Regards: Jocelyn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-When Provisioning a WebEx node, it must be able to register to a WebEx site in order to function and for provisioning to complete. Without a WebEx site to communicate to, the node is unable to host internal WebEx meetings. As such, a WebEx site subscription must also be included in any setup of a MeetingPlace/WebEx integration.

-Based on this requirement, MP 8.0 is not able to provide a complete on-premise web conferencing solution. Integration with the WebEx Cloud is needed.

-Unfortunately TAC does not have visibility to the WebEx site or node provisioning process until it is completed. In this situation we must reach out to the Account Team or Point of Sale for the WebEx site in order to determine the status of the initial provisioning process.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Natasa Ciric-Bukatarevic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacelyn,

You will need to fill in this form to have a Webex site provisioned:

http://try.webex.com/mk/get/CUWLPRO_WEBEX

HTH,

Natasa

Hi Natasa,

Thanks for ur info.

Correct me if I am wrong.

To keep everything on premise(non-hosted), I'll still need a webex sitename?

Based on the fact that I am on a NFR(Not for Resell) demo kit. Am I still entitled for this Webex Site provisioning?

Hi,

In MP 8.x, it is mandatory to have webex site for web conferencing. The internal meetings will be launched on the Webex node, however if you are using type 2 integration, the scheduling will be done on Webex. Please check the following document for the MP 8.0 deployment types:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0_--_Deployment_Options_for_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0

Thanks,

Natasa

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-When Provisioning a WebEx node, it must be able to register to a WebEx site in order to function and for provisioning to complete. Without a WebEx site to communicate to, the node is unable to host internal WebEx meetings. As such, a WebEx site subscription must also be included in any setup of a MeetingPlace/WebEx integration.

-Based on this requirement, MP 8.0 is not able to provide a complete on-premise web conferencing solution. Integration with the WebEx Cloud is needed.

-Unfortunately TAC does not have visibility to the WebEx site or node provisioning process until it is completed. In this situation we must reach out to the Account Team or Point of Sale for the WebEx site in order to determine the status of the initial provisioning process.