Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile not registering with CUCM

Lukas Auer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a CUMA setup in combination with iPhones and Cisco Mobile client.

There are some users which only have a CUMC device in CUCM (with an associated Mobile Identity). They don't have a deskphone/softphone.

Now, for some users that works fine. But I also have two users where the CUMC device never registers to CUCM (shows up as "Unknown" under Device > Phone, see picture attached).

As a result (I assume) DVO forward is also not working for these users (shows an error in Cisco Mobile client on iPhone). It works for all the others though.

Now my questions:

- First of all: is a setup like this officially supported by Cisco? I mean it works (for some users), but is it also supported?

- Has anybody an idea where the problem could be? What settings are involved in this process? The two affected users are setup the same way as the other users (or I haven't found the difference yet).

CUCM is v7.1.5

Cisco Mobile is the most recent version available in AppStore.

Thanks.

lukas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lukas,

The version from the screenshot is indeed the one you need, make sure all your testphones are using that one and not "Cisco Mobile 8"

Critical for registration is that the phone number you configured in cumc and cuma matches 100% with the mobile identity in CallManager. If this is not present or does not match (prefix etc), registration will not work.

If that is ok and it still does not work I would compare a working and a failing user, check what was configured differently between them (on end user / phone / line/ cti application user/...)

On a side note, I suppose you did this already, make sure to replace the APNS certificate on CUMA.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

For iPhone, different versions of Cisco Mobile are actually different products (yes, totally different).

Cisco Mobile 7.x for iPhone register to CUMA.  Voice channel goes through PSTN.

Cisco Mobile 8.x for iPhone register to CUCM.  Voice channel goes through IP.

What version are you using?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

I'm using Cisco Mobile 7.x (see attached picture for version number).

We definitely have the setup where the voice channel goes through the PSTN

and we also have a CUMA and a CUMA proxy (ASA) in place.

Still, I can see the CUMC device in CUCM as "registered" for most of the users.

lukas

Hi Lukas,

The version from the screenshot is indeed the one you need, make sure all your testphones are using that one and not "Cisco Mobile 8"

Critical for registration is that the phone number you configured in cumc and cuma matches 100% with the mobile identity in CallManager. If this is not present or does not match (prefix etc), registration will not work.

If that is ok and it still does not work I would compare a working and a failing user, check what was configured differently between them (on end user / phone / line/ cti application user/...)

On a side note, I suppose you did this already, make sure to replace the APNS certificate on CUMA.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked all the settings you mentioned twice already but I will go back and do it one more time.

You never know, maybe I just had a bad day and overlooked something...

I even deleted the entire user and recreated all of his devices, settings and associations from ground up.

I use full E.164 format for all the cell phone numbers (remote destination, mobile identity, cuma, cumc) so they should match 100% (if there is no typo).

I'll post my results of the config comparison in a couple of days.

(yes, I replaced the APNS cert quite a while ago, thanks)

Ok good luck with that. If it does not help you can check these logs:

- cuma (set to detailed first and restart the services) from CLI: file view cuma cuma.log ("file get cuma cuma.log" if you want to dump to sftp)

- sniffer from either cuma or cucm side to review the sip traffic easily (upon login it should fire off a sip request to cucm to get the cumc registered)

- detailed cucm logs in case you get the sip message on cucm and want to see why it gets rejected.

You were right: it was a misconfiguration! Must have been asleep when I was comparing a working user and a non-working user...

The problem was: the non-working user had no Primary Extension set under CUCM User Management > End User.

Thanks a lot for your help and your tipps.

lukas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: