Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MRA vs webex Hybrid calling

Nila
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

what are the differences between MRA and Webex Hybrid Calling? What makes more sense to implement and when?

Is Webex Hybrid Calling still supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The unified app will likely look alot like Teams (Jabber already does) and will hopefully be the way to combine the apps for Jabber, Teams, and Webex Desktop into one.

With UCM Calling in Teams, your jabber CSF devices register to the Teams client very much like Jabber, combining the calling from CUCM and messaging from Webex Teams. In addition, with Jabber/Teams messaging mode, you can make it so Teams and Jabber can talk making for an easier transition.
You can have your webex meetings run from the Teams app as well. If you have CUCM and webex meetings already, my suggesting would be to look into moving all messaging from Jabber into Webex Teams, register CSF / UCM Calling to the Teams client, and continue with your meetings from within the Teams client as well. The combined, Unified experience will be much easier for your users.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Webex Hybrid calling is dying out in favor of UCM Calling in Teams, which is your jabber csf device registered as the Teams client.
With that, I would suggest the MRA deployment - Depending on other tools (if using teams already, or even just webex meetings), you can start consolidating calling into teams or just stick with Jabber. the CSF device will register to either (but not both at the same time).

Hello Mike,

thank you for the Information. 

does this mean that I can use Jabber client for calling (On Premise) and messaging (Cloud)? What about Meeting?

I read that there will be a "Unified App" with which you can do calling, meeting and messaging.
How does it look like technically?

The unified app will likely look alot like Teams (Jabber already does) and will hopefully be the way to combine the apps for Jabber, Teams, and Webex Desktop into one.

With UCM Calling in Teams, your jabber CSF devices register to the Teams client very much like Jabber, combining the calling from CUCM and messaging from Webex Teams. In addition, with Jabber/Teams messaging mode, you can make it so Teams and Jabber can talk making for an easier transition.
You can have your webex meetings run from the Teams app as well. If you have CUCM and webex meetings already, my suggesting would be to look into moving all messaging from Jabber into Webex Teams, register CSF / UCM Calling to the Teams client, and continue with your meetings from within the Teams client as well. The combined, Unified experience will be much easier for your users.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: