Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PCP 11.0 - Auto synchronization

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

Is there a way to do auto synchronization for Infrastructure, User and Domain?

Every time i make changes on the CUCM itself, id have to manually do Infra,user,domain synchronization to make sure everything is in place.

Or its there a daily schedule sync for the above 3 functions, INFRA, USER, DOMAIN

Fyi, my users are NON-Ldap. Pulled from CUCM local users

7 Replies 7

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Change Notification feature was introduced in CUCM 10.0 and PCP 10.0, and once you sync PCP with CUCM to get the initial users in, If you add users or change infra items PCP depends on, CUCM will indicate in the Change Notification function that PCP should go pick the changes up.

Any version of PCP can have scheduled syncs using either the sync script from the OS CLI or as of 11.1, you can setup syncs in a new sync scheduler UI within the product. Check in the user manual for how to setup scheduled syncs.

Later and later versions of PCP and CUCM require less interaction with CUCM as more can be done from PCP, so the need to sync is being reduced. 

What CUCM(s) and PCP are you running? This will help determine what your options are.

Best practice in this setup would be to create users in PCP and push to CUCM, not the other way around. Again the 11.x revs of PCP coupled with CUCM revs like 10.5(2) and later have more coverage.

Regards

Hi Anthony,

I have PCP 10.6 and need to perform a manual sync. I don't seem to be able to find this fonctionality. Could you please let me kow how I can I force a sync using btw CUCM & CPC using.CLI or GUI.

Thanks,

MK

To perform a manual sync of CUCM in PCP, navigate to Design> Infrastructure Setup option and click on the wheel icon which will be available next to CUCM name and 'Start Infrastructure Synchronization' then 'Start user Synchronization' once after the infra Sync completes.

Hi Sathishbabu   

Is this available on PCP version 10.6? I don't seem to be able to find that Wheel icon!

Thanks,

MK

Please disregard my last post. I was able to find the option. Was looking at the worng page.

Thanks,

MK

Would you heppen to know how the same can be done using CLI? 

Thanks,

MK

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't have an 11.0 server to immediately look at but all releases before 12.1 had the ability to script the syncs from the CLI.  A script was provided.   In the newer revs, there is a Schedule Synchronization UI in the Administration links to handle whatever syncing of the objects, or LDAP, you might need. As of CSR 10.0, CUCM auto syncs with PCP every five minutes so PCP should keep up with any changed PCP needs in order to perform user service provisioning. CUCM also lets PCP know if new users are added.

If you are doing all major user provisioning changes on PCP for voicemail, you should not need to do syncs with Unity Connection.   If you are doing user voicemail changes on Unity Connection itself, you will need to do periodic subscriber syncs with CUC followed by Domain syncs to pick up voicemail service changes.

You also should look at upgrading to PCP 12.4 as PCP 11.0 is eight major revs behind PCP 12.4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: