cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Persistent Chat error when connecting to DB server

MJonkers
Level 1
Level 1

When we want to configure it and check the connection it says, is in menu Messaging --> external setup --> external databases (in IM Presence Administrator). We use a postgresql server on linux and can connect to the db via other clients as test. What can be wrong? We did not enable ssl for this connection, you cannot even select ssl, is grayed out!

Verify external database server connectivity (database connection check)
The following Cisco Unified IM and Presence Service node to external database server connections failed:
xxxxx.xxxx.xxx >> pchat (Persistent Chat)

With message:

One or more parameters are invalid. Please check them once again.
If the 'Enable SSL' field is unchecked and the External Database chosen in the 'Database Name' field is SSL enabled, please check the 'Enable SSL' field and choose the certificate that corresponds to the chosen External Database and save your changes.

If the 'Enable SSL' field is checked on the External Database Settings page then the following steps could help resolve the connectivity issue:

Please try refreshing the page after 60 secs of saving the changes.
Please verify if the Certificate chosen in the 'Certificate Name' field is valid and corresponds to the chosen External Database in the 'Database Name' field.
If the problem persists, please restart the Cisco XCP Config Manager Service.

6 Replies 6

dolphine55
Level 1
Level 1

Having the exactly same error also.... Wonder if anyone knows the direction with regard.   Looks  Postgres does not have SSL enabled(disabled by default).  And IMP server has SSL enable greyed out.   So, why it complains about SSL ?

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

anyone gotten this to work what steps did you do?

I actually got it working by editing the postgresql.conf file on postgresql, edit the following host line to

host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5

You did the right thing incase you also faced the same issue. Your IMP server tried to reach the external database server and one it reaches there , it tried to connect to database instance you created. In case its not able to reach database instance then it throws the above error. There are many reason why imp server is not able to reach db. One of them you already shared and fixed. (Y)

Level 1
Level 1

I stumbled across this article, encountering the exact same issue after upgrading imp to 12.5.1 . Unfortunately this is a pretty generic error message which can mean a lot of things. In our case the password for the DB User was too long with 32 characters. We shortened the password to 15 characters and now the connection is working without any problem. This wasn't necessary before the upgrade.

I'm having the same issue, sort of.  I have the same error message, but only for the subscriber side of the database.  It works fine on the publisher, but for the subscriber it's giving that error.  The ticket I have open since December is still not solved, and this only happened after the upgrade to 12.5...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: