cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco phones Registration Rejected after changing the Starting and Ending Directory Number on cucm

livi9003
Level 1
Level 1

I have 10 phones, some SCCP, and some SIP, different modal numbers, all registered and good to go. I changed the Starting and Ending Directory Number on the CUCM 10.5 and now no phones will register. I deleted the security settings and no joy. If I change the Starting and Ending Directory Number back all the phones register

Error on the phone is Registration rejected : security error. Any idea?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply. 

This CM is in a training environment, and I need to change the DNs for whatever unit comes through. After every training event, I delete all the phones out of the CM, I believe this also deletes the DNs.

View solution in original post

Deleting the devices do not also remove the directory numbers. This is likely the root for your problem. Please go to Route Plan Report and make a search for unassigned number and remove all found.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

You mean all your working phones goes unregisters when changing the auto registration DN ?

Response Signature

Yes.

Any ideas why after I change the auto registration Starting Directory Number and Ending Directory Number, no phones will register with the CUCM 10.5. Auto-Reg is on, and if I change the Directory Number and Ending Directory Number back phone will register. I have tried deleting the ITL on the phones and have done factory reset as well with no joy.

Can you please provide details for what did you change from and to what?

Response Signature

the only change was to the starting Directory Number and Ending Directory Number it was 2546000 to 2547000, I changed them to 254 1000 to  2542000.  all registered phones unregistered, and no new phones would register. Once I changed the starting Directory Number and Ending Directory Number back all phones registered. 

Ok so we got that out of the way. Can you please provide the reason why you would want to change this? How are you using auto registration, from the sound of what you describe it seems like you use it as a permanent way to connect and configure devices. This is not the intended use case for this functionality. It’s intended to be used as a temporary way for devices to get registered and then you would configure it with a permanent configuration, including a proper directory number.

Out of curiosity have you cleared out unused directory numbers from CM so that you don’t have thousands of unused numbers in the system?

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply. 

This CM is in a training environment, and I need to change the DNs for whatever unit comes through. After every training event, I delete all the phones out of the CM, I believe this also deletes the DNs.

Deleting the devices do not also remove the directory numbers. This is likely the root for your problem. Please go to Route Plan Report and make a search for unassigned number and remove all found.

Response Signature

Forgive me for asking the same question twice: You have phones that are registered and working. Leaving those in place, you change the auto-registration DN range and now the working phones stop working? If so, is this immediate or after those phone reboot?

Or is it that with one DN range you can get auto-registration to work, but when you change the auto-reg DN range this causes auto-registration to stop working?

Maren

all working, registered phones unregistered, as soon as I change the auto-registration DN range starting Directory Number and Ending Directory Number. Then once I changed the numbers back everything re-registered? I tried everything on the phone up to and including the factory reset. The only way to get them to re-register was to change the auto-registration DN range back.

Thank you for any help,

Kevin