Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime assurance login faild

bezra_012
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recently deployed Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance standard within our Vmware environment with the view to evaluate and deploy into production after installation i try to login through GUI with username globaladmin and password that i create in installation process but i'm not able to login show me invalid username or password  moreover I'm using internet explorer version 11 which give me error the "browser is not support"

so is there any workaround to fix that problem , please advice

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Eric L
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of PCA do you currently have installed? Different versions support different browsers. While I do not suspect this is the root cause, it is worth checking as an unsupported browser version can cause several GUI glitches.

You can also reset the globaladmin password if you have root credentials. Here are the steps:

Navigate to /opt/emms/emsam/bin/

Execute the following command, ./resetGlobalAdminPassword.sh

Enter a new password for the globaladmin and also confirm the new password.

Password Rules for root user and globaladmin
Must contain at least one of each - lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number, and
special characters ( !@#$*,.)
No character in the password be repeated more than three consecutive times.
Cannot contain non-ASCII characters- , %, +, & and space.
Cannot be cisco or ocsic or any variant obtained by changing the capitalization of letters
therein, or by substituting 1,! or | for i, and/or substituting 0 for o and/or
substituting $ for s.
Cannot be same as the username, and not be the username reversed.
Length must be between eight and 80 characters.
Cannot end with these characters: *, ; or #

Hi Eric L,

The version of PCA is 10.5 , i try to change the root password as you mention but still not able to login through GUI put i was able to login before one month ? so why that happend

Regards,

You tried to change the root password? The script mentioned above is to change the globaladmin password, not root password. Only the globaladmin user can log into the GUI.

You updated the globaladmin password, but you still cannot log into the GUI using the globaladmin username?