cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manager - Invalid UUID/Registration ID

Mike Sampson
Level 4
Level 4

I recently migrated my CUCM publisher (11.5.1.17900) to a new IP network.  I have two subscribers that were not changed.  Prime Collaboration Deployment was used to mange the migration.  The host name was not changed only the ip address was changed.  The migration was successful, the new server was brought online and everything was working.  The next day I noticed: 

The system is operating on demo licenses that will expire in 59 days 

I realized the licenses needed to be re-hosted to the new system.  Using PLM (running on my publisher) I generated a license request file.  I sent this request off to the licensing team.  They were unable to find a valid UUID/Registration ID.  I found two ways to find this UUID/Registration ID

In Prime license manager I clicked Help > About  > Registration ID = Demo Mode. 

In the CLI of the Publisher I ran

admin:license management show system

The Registration ID is blank here as well. 

Did I miss a step that would create this UUID for my Prime license manager server?   Is there another way to generate the Registration ID/UUID?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For Licensing Team to provide rehosted  license, u need to provide the license request file from the old server. if you provide the license request file from new server, they wont be able to provide any information. 

if its not possible to take the license request from old server, you can share with licensing team any of the below.

• Sales Order
  • PAK
  • Instance Number
  • SWSS Contract.

As per my understanding UUID is used for version 12.X. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

For Licensing Team to provide rehosted  license, u need to provide the license request file from the old server. if you provide the license request file from new server, they wont be able to provide any information. 

if its not possible to take the license request from old server, you can share with licensing team any of the below.

• Sales Order
  • PAK
  • Instance Number
  • SWSS Contract.

As per my understanding UUID is used for version 12.X. 

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin,
The licensing team was able to use my old UUID and transfer the licenses to my new server. No longer running in demo mode!

@Mike Sampson 

I am having the same issue, can you please share how did you resolve it ?

@Mike Sampson wrote this.

”I found two ways to find this UUID/Registration ID

In Prime license manager I clicked Help > About  > Registration ID = Demo Mode. 

In the CLI of the Publisher I ran

admin:license management show system”

In the response from @Nithin Eluvathingal he wrote that the UUID must be obtained on the old server. So the command that Mike wrote should be run on your old server.

Response Signature

admin:license management show system
Cisco Prime LM System Information:
Server Id: <<Removed>>
Registration Id: <<Removed>>
Version: 11.5.1.16900-16
License Definition Version: 11.0.1
Host Name: <<Removed>>
Device Id: <<Removed>>
MAC Address: <<Removed>>
Last Sync Time: 2021-01-17 00:46:36.951
Fulfillment Mode: ONLINE
Deployment Mode: Enterprise
EncryptionStatus: NOT_ALLOWED

AFAIK Licensing tac request below details for rehosting. Check if they can rehost with the registration ID.

• Sales Order
  • PAK
  • Instance Number
  • SWSS Contract.

Response Signature

When I run the command : license management show system on the new server I get the field  Registration Id: (Blank) !

It should be from old server. 

but i am not sure if licensing tac they rehost with the registration Id.

Response Signature

I already gave you the information about that.

Response Signature