cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manager

ncraven
Level 1
Level 1
1. What versions of ESXi are supported for Cisco Prime License Manager (PLM)? 2. Does Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment install PLM automatically or optionally as part of a migration (upgrading from CUCM version 8.x), or do I need to install PLM separately? Cheers
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLM versions are aligned to CUCM versions, so, same as CUCM.

Yes, whenever you upgrade to 9.x or 10.x, ELM/PLM is installed along with CUCM and CUC. You don't get to choose whether you want it or not.

Standalone PLM requires you to order a separate ISO file for only PLM, and create a separate VM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLM versions are aligned to CUCM versions, so, same as CUCM.

Yes, whenever you upgrade to 9.x or 10.x, ELM/PLM is installed along with CUCM and CUC. You don't get to choose whether you want it or not.

Standalone PLM requires you to order a separate ISO file for only PLM, and create a separate VM.

HTH

java

ncraven
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your quick response.

Is PLM installed as a co-resident application on all members of a CUCM cluster or only on the first node? If the former, I don't know why I would need or want so many instances. I need to budget 1 vCPU for a standalone PLM, so it must be continuously consuming resources.

Is the answer the same for CUC?

Cheers, Neill

Yes, every CUCM and CUC node will get a ELM/PLM instance, you choose which one to use.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: