Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manger

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone, 

I wonder how I can extract the license usage.

In the license manager table I can only see the values of required, installed and available licenses along with the status. 

My question is how can I verify whether the licenses I purchased have been already applied to the license manager. 

It would be good to have some kind of a list (ideally in Excel) to list all licences that are in the Call Manager.

Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's how it works, you'd need to map those file licenses to your PAKs/POs manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLM only knows of licenses that you bought and applied to it, offline or via e-fulfillment. If you bought a license, but it was never applied, PLM would have no idea of that.

PLM already shows you a list of licenses that have been fulfilled, you get the date and what the license has.

HTH

java

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. So, let's say I bought licenses through Cisco partner. 

e.g.

LIC-CUCM-11X-ENH-A

Quantity:1695

In the license usage I have 2005 LIC-CUCM-11X-ENH-A licenses.

How can I confirm that the 1695 have been applied to the license manager>

Thank you

Look under fulfillment and click through the licenses you have listed.

HTH

java

The problem is that file install method of the licenses does not have a PAK.

For e-fulfillment I can click on the PAK and view details of purchased licenses and their type.

For the file install I am unable to do it. 

Please advise and thank you for the support. 

That's how it works, you'd need to map those file licenses to your PAKs/POs manually.

HTH

java

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you look under Licenses / Fulfillment you should see a list of licence transactions since the PLM was first installed.  If you click on any one it shows the total licence entitlement at that time.  It doesn't show the quantities added by that transaction, so to see that you have to look at the previous transaction(s) to see the changes.   For example I'm looking at one just now where the latest transaction shows 56 Basic and 588 Enhanced.   Looking at the previous I can see that prior totals were 51 and 583.  

So if you step back like that you should see a transaction that increased the count by 1695.

I find it worthwhile adding descriptions in PLM for each transaction, and in some cases where we've had some sort of dispute with Cisco I've mapped these back to sales orders.