Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO PRIME LICENSES UPLOAD HELP!!!!

chris henderson
Level 1
Level 1

HI GUYS ,

I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING CISCO PRIME COLLABORATION 9.5 ON DEMO AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL A LICENSE FILE .HOWEVER I CANNOT / DONT KNOW THE PROCEEDOR TO LICENSE THE SERVER .

FROM THE DOCUMENTATION I BELIEVED WE NEED TO UPLOAD THROUGH CLI . IN THE \license dir . i am uncertain as to where to find this . any assistance will be greatly appreciated . thanks

regard,

chris henderson

5 Replies 5

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are running a demo of the whole Prime Collaboration product (provisioning and assurance) and it is converged, then then licenses for provisioning and assurance are loaded through the Administration/License Management UI.

If you are running a demo of Prime Collaboration Provisioning 9.x as a standalone server then the licenses must be added through the CLI into the /opt/cupm/licenses directory. The product will read the licenses within a couple of minutes and then act on them. A license audit will force this to happen as well. 

Starting in PC Provisioning 10.0, the provisioning server has a UI license mechanism so the licenses are added and deleted from this UI.

Make sure you have a license that matches the MAC of the VM and that there is a base license and a scale license or it will not come out of eval mode. You did not say what exactly the license is or is expected to do, so I cannot provide any more advice.

Regards

HI,

I have a similiar issue. Is the MAC of the VM the MAC address of the VM's network Adaptor? Or is there a CLI command to get the VM's MAC address ? Also, can you tell me what are the part numbers for the base license and scale license ?

Regards

Dwayne

There are a couple of ways to get the MAC of the provisioning app.

1. vSphere will tell you the VMs MAC address.
  2. Ask Linux what it is.

• As the root user (or user with appropriate permissions)
  • Type "ifconfig -a"
  • From the displayed information, find eth0 (this is the default first Ethernet adapter)
  • Locate the number next to the HWaddr.  This is your MAC address

The MAC Address will be displayed in the form of

00:08:C7:1B:8C:02

Example "ifconfig -a" output:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:08:C7:1B:8C:02
          inet addr:192.168.111.20  Bcast:192.168.111.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

Starting with PCP 10.0, the about box will show the MAC address.

Thanks I got it from Vsphere before but just had to be sure. I think I am missing the base licenses

Folks,

The Base licenses really do matter, especially in the Provisioning app, so make sure you get the needed ones.  An important note about all UPM revisions and all PCP revs up to 9.5, the base license controls much more than just the number of clusters, users and logins. It also enables the Web services, NICE and JBOSS. If these are disabled, the product will appear to be dead.

Starting in PCP 10.0, the base licesne only controls user related features, and the system related services are turned on permanently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: