Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RMS (Rich Media Session) License Usage

Hi All,

I have one question regarding RMS license consumption.

I have cisco UC environment with below :

CUCM v11.5

CUP v11.5

Expressway Core v8.8.3

Expressway Edge v8.8.3

My CUCM configured using mixed mode, 

all of our user devices (IP Phone, Jabber, and Endpoint) using secure encrypted profile,

and all calls both from local and internet are encrypted calls.

From that scenario, do I need to purchase a pair of RMS license for each call from client that located from internet?

If yes please provide me some cisco's document that explain that, because i've try to search that document but i cant find it.

Regards,

Ovindo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You only need rich media licenses for B2B calls, if these calls are from remove Jabber or desk phone  no licenses are required when Expressway is properly configured for MRA.  Also, since your Expressway is version 8.8 when purchasing rich media licenses you no longer need them for Exp-C only Exp-E.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Ovindo, Please check page 6 of the following link regarding changes in license usage starting with Exp 8.8 version http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-8.pdf HTH Manish

Thankyou guys,

Regards,

Ovindo

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You only need rich media licenses for B2B calls, if these calls are from remove Jabber or desk phone  no licenses are required when Expressway is properly configured for MRA.  Also, since your Expressway is version 8.8 when purchasing rich media licenses you no longer need them for Exp-C only Exp-E.

Unless you want to do Interworking, then you need an RMS on your C server for each concurrent interworked call.  Licensing is loads of fun.  Just now implementing B2B alongside MRA and we have a need for interworking as well until everyone finally gets off H.323!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: