Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco - Salesforce integration

koenvdm_AC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been looking for ways to integrate Salesforce with our Cisco CUCM/CCX environment. I found a lot of discussions and documentation but would like to get some things clarified to make sure I have the correct picture.

According to what I have found so far there are several ways to do the integration:

1. Use CRM connector - this is only supported in CUCC Enterprise, CUCCX is not
  2. Use Callconnector - this should work with CUCM, CUCME, CUCCX, but then you can not use CAD
  3. Use CAD to integrate

I would appreciate it if anyone can confirm these are all option and explain a bit more or guide me to the correct documentation for the integration.

Thanks,

12 Replies 12

winijenh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Koen,

CRM Connectors are only for Contact Center Enterprise indeed, so that is not an option for a CCX deployment. The (free) Call Connector for salesforce.com and CCX is in beta, and may actually never reach GA. I would not recommend that solution.You can indeed use the integration capabilities of teh Cisco Agent Desktop to run salesforce.com in the CAD integrated browser. There is a detailed whitepaper on how to achieve that posted on cisco.com. An alternative is to use a Cisco Developer Partner solution. AMC Technology has an integration between CCX and salesforce.com available. There is one notable limitation to this integration: you can no longer use the CCX supervisor desktop (that's a CCX limitation, not an AMC Technology one).

Regards,

Willem Evert Nijenhuis

Manager, Product Management

Thanks for the clarification Willem, just one clarification request: would you recommend to use the call connector with CUCM(E), instead of with uccx?

Hi,

How do you do the integration? (since the callconnector/CRMconnector had been discontinued by cisco)

Are you using UC 500 series model now? If yes, how do you integrate with Salesforce?

Thanks & regards,

How Yee

Hey, I can't help you with this, I just wanted to know the possibilities, we didn't actually implement anything yet.

I understand that the UCM call connector for salesforce can not be used for CCX (don't get a proper screen pop). Even if it did, it is minimal functionality for a contact center. You should look at one of the other 2 alternatives I provided above.

So, it can be done either by using CAD for Cisco UCCX with Salesforce or the AMC Technology?

Hi the soltuion in the whitepaper looks interesting http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps427/prod_white_paper0900aecd80660d74_ps1846_Products_White_Paper.htm

Looking at the steps though I am assuming you need CCX Premium for some of these ? My customer has enhanced now and just want to be sure they have to upgrade to do this?

CCX Premium is required for this integration.

What is the technical reason for this? If it’s standard HTTP POST/GET, can you not do that with ENH licensing? I know the standard verbiage on PRE for backend database, but is there something missing in ENH that doesn’t provide me with this?

Thanks

Srini

Correct, you need Premium for that.

What are the limitations in integrating SFDC with UCCX using ACMI.

I'm not sure what he question means.

I can say that in general (i.e. not related to SFDC), any integration through ACMI, suffers from the fact that an agent that is logged in through ACMI can not use CAD. Therefore the supervisor functions for that agent won't be available for the CAD supervisor, as the supervisor functions depend on CAD for the agent being there.

Willem Evert Nijenhuis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: