cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC for Lync

king.mark
Level 1
Level 1

I created a transform for Cuci_8.5.194.19182_R01. Pushed it to a few VM's it works most of the time but every once in awhile I get one with the error "Timeout occured while starting Cisco Unified Client Services Framework. Please select retry" Retry never connects and rebooting does not help.

I cannot find a reason why once in awhile this happens. All the VM's are exactly the same. Has anyone experienced this type of issue? Can you point me where to look? All the logs are clear and there are no errors.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

There is a defect for this issue and the defect is CSCtj84290 and the defect is yet to be fixed. But if you say that you see the issue only in some systems and to make sure that we are hitting this defect, you can get the PRT from the CUCI to confirm this.

HTH

Rajamani

CSCtj84290

Little more information for you.

This only seems to happen when you push CUCI through SCCM. If you install it directly from a folder on the network it works fine. This is why some VM's worked but others were getting the error.

The PC’s getting the framework error if you run a repair on CUCI it works. A quick fix to this was run active setup repairing CUCI before the user logon. The issue is the user would need admin rights which isn't feasible.

PTR info attached.