Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC on vCentre 6.7

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have 2 x C240M3 running ESXi 6.0 with Cisco UC 11.X apps  - these are managed by a vCentre 6.0 on windows 2008. I need to migrate vCentre to Appliance 6.5 and retire the Windows 2008 urgently but am hitting a bug that doesn't allow me to migrate from vcentre 6.0 U3g to 6.5 VCSA.

This issue is fixed in vCentre 6.7U1 apparently

I'm happy to leave the actual ESXi hosts running the Cisco UC apps on supported version ESXi 6.0. Is there any reason from a Cisco perspective why I couldn't upgrade vCentre to 6.7?

I don't really see any mention of support either way for vCentre so assuming it is ok

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn’t test/qualify vCenter since none of the features it provides are integral to the CIsco Collab apps. So long as the vCenter + ESXi combination are supported by VMware you’ll be fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn’t test/qualify vCenter since none of the features it provides are integral to the CIsco Collab apps. So long as the vCenter + ESXi combination are supported by VMware you’ll be fine.

Is this true for all Cisco virtual appliances, such as those that run ADE-OS?

I don’t recognize that acronym but my answer only extends to the Cisco Collab product portfolio. Anything outside of that is a different technology group and free to make their own independent decisions.