cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC Servers have wrong Organization name in web-security, license Rehost required?

DantePaige1225
Level 1
Level 1

I've inherited a UC environment at my new job that was installed by a vendor years back. While planning to get certificates signed by our external CA for future deployments of Expressways, Jabber/MRA, and UCCX/Finesse certs keep failing to upload when trying to upload them the signed certs. I noticed the Organization and State fields are wrong in the web security setting and that is why the upload is failing. Would changing the Organization and state invalidate our current licenses and require a rehost?

CUCM 10.5.2.10000-5 (3 Nodes)

CUPS  10.5.2.21900-4 (2 Nodes)

CUC    10.5.2.10000-5 (2 Nodes)

CER     10.5.1.20000-3 (2 Nodes)

UCCX  10.6.1.11001-31 (2 Nodes)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not for all listed apps except for UCCX, as version 10.X uses PLM server for licensing which is tied to the MAC address of the PLM server (should be set to static).  UCCX licensing still uses its own MAC which is derived from the following fields:

License MAC

It is the unique identifier that is unique to every UCCX server. It is NOT the physical address/MAC of the Network interface of the server.

The License MAC of the UCCX is calculated with these parameters unique to every server.

Any change in any of these parameters can invalidate the License MAC of the server, and the licenses will have to be rehosted by Cisco Licensing.

• Time zone
  • NTP Server 1 (or ‘none’)
  • NIC speed (or ‘auto’)
  • Hostname
  • IP Address
  • IP Mask
  • Gateway Address
  • Primary DNS
  • SMTP Server (or ‘none’)
  • Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not for all listed apps except for UCCX, as version 10.X uses PLM server for licensing which is tied to the MAC address of the PLM server (should be set to static).  UCCX licensing still uses its own MAC which is derived from the following fields:

License MAC

It is the unique identifier that is unique to every UCCX server. It is NOT the physical address/MAC of the Network interface of the server.

The License MAC of the UCCX is calculated with these parameters unique to every server.

Any change in any of these parameters can invalidate the License MAC of the server, and the licenses will have to be rehosted by Cisco Licensing.

• Time zone
  • NTP Server 1 (or ‘none’)
  • NIC speed (or ‘auto’)
  • Hostname
  • IP Address
  • IP Mask
  • Gateway Address
  • Primary DNS
  • SMTP Server (or ‘none’)
  • Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

@Chris Deren Thanks for confirming. I'm going to schedule to have this done this week for CUCM, CUC, CER, and CUPS. I did this for a few lab servers and no license rehosts notifications as you mentioned.

Thanks again!