cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ucs express e blade servers

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

we are thinking of going with cisco ucs express for branch offices. right now we run 2 esxi servers in the remote office with smal shared san storage.

what do I need for ucs express to match the same?

the current servers have 32-48gb ram and sahred storage have about 2TB

can ucs express do shared san? or do I need to purchase another san to connect to the ucs express chassis?

also what is the difference between single wide and double wide blades?

2 Replies 2

Jerry Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Although the Cisco UCS E-Series management interface is similar to that for Cisco UCS C-Series standalone management, it uses the same Cisco UCS C-Series IMC, and will be immediately familiar to anyone who uses the Cisco UCS C-Series management tools. Cisco UCS E-Series management is not integrated into Cisco UCS Manager today because of the differences in features and deployment scenarios for the Cisco UCS B-Series, C-Series, and E-Series product lines. Integration into Cisco UCS Manager would imply integration into the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) fabric interconnects, which are unlikely to be deployed in branch offices

can ucs express support 2 double wide blades? If storage is local, how do I do shared san storage for vmotion and redundancy?