Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS - Installing any Cisco Server , cannot able to connect the network

Hi All

I am trying to install a Cisco UCCX, once i entered IP Address, subnet mask and GW address and when it try to connect the server it cannot be able to reach the network. All the IP address ,subnet mask and GW address are valid.

We using a Cisco C200 M2 server and the port are connected to right VLAN. We do have two VLAN which one is server VLAN and another is Voice VLAN. The CIMC port and one of the LAN port are on server VLAN and other port is Voice VLAN. The UCCX server we giving the ip range in voice vlan.

I also created a Virtual Machine port group and specifed the VLAN number and before installing it is assigned to the server in VSphere Client.  Still while installing the issue is same.

Is there anything i need to do on CIMC or is there anything else i need to do. Please guide me on this issue.

Regards

Prasanth Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your standard virtual switch must be wrong, you'll need to fix that in VMware if ou expect any of the VMs you create to connect to your networks. This might also be a problem with your actual switch where UCS is connected.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your standard virtual switch must be wrong, you'll need to fix that in VMware if ou expect any of the VMs you create to connect to your networks. This might also be a problem with your actual switch where UCS is connected.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the quick reply :-)

Can you guide me how to fix  the virtual switch in VMWare network. I guess we dont have any issue on switch side since the same switch is used for another 2 UCS server and it works fine with the same.

I attached the VSphere Client image. Coudl you please let me know if this is the right way to do

As i said We do have two VLAN

VLAN 11 - Server VLAN

VLAN 98 - Voice VLAN

CIMC and 1  port is in VLAN 11 (Server VLAN)

2nd Port is in VLAN 98 (Voice VLAN)

The server we installing UCCX will be on voice vlan

Change the network from the VM, from what you're telling is should be on vSwitch1 and not vSwitch0.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply.

I made the changes as you mentioned and again installed and still am facing the same issue. Below is the is screenshot which the error showing while installing.

And the change which I made on VMWare is

Regards

Prasanth Thomas Abraham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: