Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCXN DRS Backup Failure

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

For last few days our CUCXN Cluster (10.5.2) DRS backup has been failing with the following error message

"ERROR: SFTP transfer failed during Backup. Either there is not enough disk space or network transfer failed due to interuption while transferring data to configured SFTP Server. Please either free some space on SFTP device or check network connectivity and then run a fresh backup, Backup Completed.."

However there is enough space on the HDD for the SFTP Server (I am using CoreFTP Server for the SFTP).

More interestingly, it fails at the CUC Database status and when I check the log the this is the detailed log message

"

=====================================================
Server : PSD-CUC-01
Feature : CONNECTION_DATABASE
Component : DATABASE
Time Completed: 2015-05-17-19-39-55
Result Code : 116-SFTP transfer failed during Backup. Either there is not enough disk space or network transfer failed due to interuption while transferring data to configured SFTP Server
Result String : ERROR
=====================================================
LogFile created: Sun, 17 May 2015 23:24:06 +0000
Detected the OS as Linux
/opt/cisco/connection/lib/disaster-recovery/database_do_backup.py was launched with the arguments: LOGFILE=/common/drf/backup.log STATUSFILE=/common/drf/status.txt NODE=PSD-CUC-01 DEVICE=- REDIRECTION= FEATURE=CONNECTION_DATABASE COMPONENT=DATABASE ENC_SEQ=*********

Running ontape for platform and LDAP user data...
Warning: ONCONFIG /usr/local/cm/db/informix/etc/onconfig.ccm is not owned by user informix (uid=512).
Platform and LDAP DB ontape completed.
Executing Query:SELECT maildatabase, displayname from vw_mailboxstoremap
Results:[{'maildatabase': 'UnityMbxDb1', 'displayname': 'Unity Messaging Database -1'}]

Retrieved the full list of mailbox database names.
Executing Query:SELECT maxsizemb from vw_mailboxstoremap where lower(maildatabase) = 'unitymbxdb1'
Results:[{'maxsizemb': 15000}]

Found mbx params - UnityMbxDb1:15000:Unity Messaging Database -1

Running ontape for Unity Connection data...
Unity Connection DB ontape command completed.
Extracting cucli account hash information.
cucli account hash information saved.
Creating tar archive...
/opt/cisco/connection/.security/.cred
/opt/cisco/connection/.security/.iv
/opt/cisco/connection/.security/.key
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/cxn1201401300936391630.lic
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/backupStarted
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/cxn120130515101453024.lic
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/CUCdemo.lic
/etc/opt/cisco/dscp
/var/opt/cisco/connection/cache/hostname
/common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/UContapeDB.gz
tar: -: Wrote only 2048 of 10240 bytes
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
sudo tar -cvpPf - /opt/cisco/connection/.security/.cred /opt/cisco/connection/.security/.iv /opt/cisco/connection/.security/.key /etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/ /etc/opt/cisco/dscp /var/opt/cisco/connection/cache/hostname /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/UContapeDB.gz /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/mbxdbmap /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/CMontapeDB.gz /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/cuclihash 2>> /common/drf/backup.log | /usr/local/platform/bin/openssl aes-128-cbc -md sha1 -salt -k VyP67tWov1pJ070G8Hb5 Failed with a return code of 1
Backup failed.

----> BEGIN Standard Output

----> END Standard Output

----> BEGIN Standard Error
error writing output file

----> END Standard Error

========================================================

Any ideas what is going wrong with the DRS?

Btw, I have restarted a few times the CUC-Primary and then the entire cluster and even restarted the DRF Local and Master services on both the servers.

I also rebuilt the DBReplication.. so far nothing seem to be helping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wilson,

I have seen similar cases where the issue is resolved by using one of the supported SFTP servers like Cygwin, Titan etc as per the DRS guide. You may also try freeFtpd and see if the DRS backup succeeds.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried FreeFTPd as well as CoreFTP and in both cases it shows the err.

I will try some of the mentioned SFTP Servers as well, and see if it makes any difference

dear ,

u can try free mini sftp server! 

I had issue with freeftpd , so I used it , working fine for me

http://www.coreftp.com/server/download/msftpsrvr.exe       

Hi Wilson,

We have the exact same error on our CUC Publisher. The CUC subscriber doesn't seem to have the issue. Interestingly, our CUCM and UCCX also backup to the same SFTP server without a problem. We are using Solarwinds SFTP server application. I know its not supported by Cisco however we have been using it for many years without issues.

We recently upgraded from our CUCM and CUC from 10.5.2 (SU1) to 10.5.2(SU2).

Did you resolve your issue?

I am running into the exact same issue, anyone knows what the fix is?

Thanks

I am running into the exact same thing.

The SFTP server (Filezilla) has plenty of room.

Anyone come up with a solution, or have any ideas??? 

About 1 out of 10 backups work, most fail with this:

Done Validating DB. Consistency Passed.
Running ontape for Unity Connection data...
Unity Connection DB ontape command completed.
Extracting cucli account hash information.
cucli account hash information saved.
Creating tar archive...
/opt/cisco/connection/.security/.cred
/opt/cisco/connection/.security/.iv
/opt/cisco/connection/.security/.key
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/cxn12012088779875550xxx.lic
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/cxn12018768687825457xxx.lic
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/backupStarted
/etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/CUCdemo.lic
/etc/opt/cisco/dscp
/var/opt/cisco/connection/cache/hostname
/common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/UContapeDB.gz
sudo tar -cvpPf - /opt/cisco/connection/.security/.cred /opt/cisco/connection/.security/.iv /opt/cisco/connection/.security/.key /etc/opt/cisco/connection/licenses/ /etc/opt/cisco/dscp /var/opt/cisco/connection/cache/hostname /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/UContapeDB.gz /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/mbxdbmap /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/CMontapeDB.gz /common/drf/conndb_drf_backup/cuclihash 2>> /common/drf/backup.log | /usr/local/platform/bin/openssl aes-128-cbc -md sha1 -salt -k D4Q8avzp1HRxJA2xibKL Failed with a return code of 1
Backup failed.

----> BEGIN Standard Output
----> END Standard Output

----> BEGIN Standard Error
Database selected.
1 row(s) retrieved.

Database closed.
error writing output file
----> END Standard Error

Run to the same issue, opened a ticket with Cisco: here is my solution: (this is related to Solarwinds SFTP/SCP Server)

1. go to your Solarwinds SFTP/SCP Server installation folder and locate SolarWindsSftpServer config file. Open it with Notepad as an admin so that you'll be able to edit.

2. it's a small 2kb file, locate:

solarWinds.Sftp.Service.ServiceSettings>
<setting name="Timeout" serializeAs="String">
<value>200</value>                                <-----change this value to something larger, i did 1200, and save and overwrite.

3. restart the SFTP server.

4. on your CUC server: restart DRF Local & DFR Master services, also I also restarted Tomcat but im not sure if it's necessary.

commands if you want to do it in CLI:   Utils restart Cisco DRF Local ; Utils restart Cisco DRF Master ; Utils restart Cisco tomcat

5. test run dackups, it worked in my case.