Views
Helpful
Replies

_cisco-uds SRV resilience for Jabber ServiceDiscovery

j.a.m.e.s
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

Does anyone know how many _cisco-uds records should be used to achieve high availability in a single cluster environment? I think I heard in a CiscoLive session that a maximum of 2x records would be used by the client.

Also, does the Jabber client honor Priority or Weight on those records?

Finally, it's not stated in the Planning Guide, but I assume the record should target the least-busy nodes running the UDS Service (e.g. TFTP nodes)?

Many thanks

James

4 Replies 4

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

This is a configuration that is made on your DNS server

Priority: the lower the value, the more preferred.

Weight: the higher the value, the more preferred

Take a look here:

https://ccieme.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/dns-srv-priorities-and-weights/

Regards.

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Thank you for responding Leonardo, so you think Jabber will honor Weight and Priority when considering where to route the intiial Service Disovery REST calls?

Hi James,

Yes because the Service Discovey feature relies on DNS SRV configuration that is made on your DNS server.

image.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_8/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-128/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-128_chapter_0100.html

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

I would recommend you to create as many DNS entries as you have nodes in your cluster. If you have multiple clusters that are in the same ILS network you would create DNS entries for each node in each of the clusters in the ILS network.

Jabber will honour the priority and weight you set on the SRV records. In general the least busy nodes should be set as the most preferred.

Response Signature