Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CCX desktop agents were all logged off this morning

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

We have CCX with 23 Premium seats running System version: 8.0.2.11002-3.

This morning,  all of the desktop agents were all logged offf at the same time with the exception of one agent who was on a call when the problem occurred.

All agents were able to log back into the system.

Some had to tick a box "log the other user off" and some had to reboot their pcs.

Does anyone have any tips for me to troubleshoot this sort of problem?

The fact that when the users tried to log back in and the system said they were already logged in on that user id tells me that something unuaual has happened with the software.

Thanks so much for any assistance

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Amanda,

There could be several reasons here.

1. CUCM or CM Telephony service getting restarted.

2. UCCX or any of its desktop related services getting restatred. Failover\Failback happening in case of HA system.

3. Network connectivity issues.

To find out the exact reason for failure, you need to check the logs from both the UCCXand CAD side.

And also if you login into UCCX serviceability page and navigate to control center, you could see since how long each of the UCCX services are up and running, try to see which is the service running from least time, which will give you an indication of this service restart.

CAD logs path,

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\log

UCCX logs can be downloaded from the RTMT tool, please see the MIVR, MCVD logs in this time duration.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anad,

Thanks so much for the help.

It is strange.

I used the logfiles and switchports to verify i have not had a network connectivity issue.

I checked the services on Call Manager and on IP Contact Centre and neither have been restarted in the past three months.

There were no other reports on network issues or phone issues at the time of the fault.

I will try and see what can be found in the logfiles.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: