Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Assistant (IPMA) Compatibility

mazloumi.arash
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

For migration from Key System to IP Telephony network in our company we ordered cisco CP-9951 IP Phones for our Managers and CP-7931G for their Assistants, and one of the importatnt servicesl that we need is IPMA, but now we found that 9951 doesn't support IPMA and 7931G support only with sip.

I'd like to know what should i do now, is there a similar solution for that, or doing a trick in callmanager to provide service like ipma

Thanks

31 Replies 31

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arash,

you are correct that IPMA is not supported on the 99xx phones. We had plans to develop IPMA for the 89xx and 99xx phones, but unfortunately, priorities changed and resources were allocated to other feature development. Also, I am not aware of any 3rd party apps that can emulate the IPMA experience.

So at this time, if you want IPMA, you will need to choose a 79xx phone. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Hi,

We have the same issue in one of our client, they purchased 9900 for the Managers and 7942 for the secretaries. They want the calls to be filtered. We already tried putting the lines in shared line then having the manager's line in DND mode but still the BLF are blinking. Are there any possible ways you could suggest on how to do it (IPMA)?

Thanks.

Sharleen

Sharleen,

Can you clarify one item for me.  In shared line mode, the same number is on both the manager and assistant line.  If that is what is configured, BLF is not applicable to this situation.  BLF is a monitoring line that is not a line unto itself, it simply provides status and allow redirect operations to a real line on the phone. 

With that said, if you want to have DND set up such that the manager phone does not ring nor show an incoming call when active, you can do that by setting the DND options.  On the 9900 phone, under the 'Do Not Disturb' section, set the DND Option to 'Call Reject' and the DND Incoming Call Alert to 'Disable'.  Restart the phone.

When DND is active, the manager phone will not indicate that a call is coming in. It will just ring on the assistant's shared line.  When DND is off, calls will ring as expected.

Please let me know if this addresses the issue you were encountering.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Dear Dan,

I have 2 question,

1-Does the IPMA project for 9900 series has any progress or not?

2-If i use DND for managers in shared line situation then how assistants can transfer calls to the managers?

Thanks

Arash Mazloumi

Arash,

We are currently working on a solution to support 99xx phones in IPMA.  But the work is still in the early stages and the earliest it will be available is 4-6 months. 

As for the question about a manager w/ DND set.  If you are configured for shared line mode, you cannot transfer the call back to the same number.   In this case, the call is present on the line (hence the manager's phone), they would just pick it up.  But that also depends on how the DND is configured.   If you set it as disable/flash/beep, will determine if the manager sees the call.  DND is a device based setting when using shared lines, so if DND is set to disabled, then the manager phone will not see the call.  They will need to come out of DND to see the call and thus pick up the call on the shared line.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Hi,

About 89XX, what is the roadmap to enable IPMA on these IP phones?.

Same answer as the previous for 99xx phones.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Hello,

any news on progress for 89xx/99xx phones ?

Thanks

At this time, Cisco is still in the process of evaluating how best to resolve feature gap.  There are no dates or timelines for delivering a solution.  Part of the delay is that we are not looking at just providing IPMA for the 99xx/89xx phones, but also longer term for the CIUS devices and other devices that are on the near horizon.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Dan,

many thanks for info - hope it won't take like 6 months

Any temp workaround ?

Thanks

I have no estimates at this time.  If you are looking at Proxy line mode, there are not a lot of workarounds.  For Shared line, 95% of the functionality is there natively in Communications Manager.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Hi Dan,

some more months have passed from your last update about IPMA features for 89xx/99xx phones. Any news?

There are some functionalities that really have no workarounds at the moment (like call filtering).

Thanks

Gio.

Gio,

At this time, there are no changes in the response.   Cisco is looking to address the discrepancy between 89xx/99xx phones at the 79xx phones, but this will not happen until later this year. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Hello Dan,

Do you have any new information regarding this feature to CP-99XX / CP-89XX ?

Best Regards,

Cláudio Costa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: