Here's an interesting glimpse into Air Force One and how President Barack Obama's administration makes use of Cisco Unified Communications.
The link below will direct you to the New York Times Online (nytimes.com) posting entitled "West Wing Takes Its Work Into the Air". A companion article was published in the New York Times Sunday, March 8th, 2009 print edition. Shown is the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G and the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916.
Some fun facts about Air Force One:
* Air Force One actually refers to the air traffic control call sign for ANY United States Airforce aircraft which is carrying the President of the United States.
* Since 1990, the presidential fleet has consisted of two highly specialized and configured Boeing 747-200B aircraft which the airforce designates as "VC-25's"
* Differences between the VC-25 and the standard Boeing 747 include:
State-of-the-art navigation, electronics and communications equipment
Interior configuration and furnishings
Self-contained baggage loader
Capability for in-flight refueling
* The President's accomodations include:
An executive suite consisting of a stateroom with dressing room, lavatory and shower
Conference/dining room available to the president, his family and staff. Separate accommodations are provided for guests, staff, media and secret service.
* The VC-25 has a compartment outfitted with medical equipment and supplies for minor medical emergencies
* The VC-25 can support up to 100 meals at one sitting.
Sometimes you want to use Wireshark to capture packets On Cisco Meeting Server to troubleshoot and investigate video call issues, quality issues, or may be Expressway integration, WebRTC Connections, or why not, understand how the communication and the ca...
When we talk about Stun Protocol used for NAT traversal in voip environment, the common term used when talking about the Type of NAT that is compatible with Stun is “Full Cone NAT”, then when we explain why Turn Protocol is developped to replace Stun Prot...
From X8.11 of Cisco Expressway, a new concept of load balacing based on priority and weight instead of the round robin for better load balancing and probe is added to prevent the Cisco Expressway-C to sollicit a webbridge when it is down.Assume all ...
Local Zone: This is a collection of all devices that are registered with Cisco Expressway. The local zone is divided to subzones. These subzones include the automatically crated default subzone and up to 1000 manually configured subzones. In additio...
Datacenter virtualization is the process of employing virtual hardware for designing, developing, and implementing the datacenters. It is often used as an umbrella term that entails different categories like application virtualization, server virtua...