Here's an interesting glimpse into Air Force One and how President Barack Obama's administration makes use of Cisco Unified Communications.
The link below will direct you to the New York Times Online (nytimes.com) posting entitled "West Wing Takes Its Work Into the Air". A companion article was published in the New York Times Sunday, March 8th, 2009 print edition. Shown is the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G and the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916.
Some fun facts about Air Force One:
* Air Force One actually refers to the air traffic control call sign for ANY United States Airforce aircraft which is carrying the President of the United States.
* Since 1990, the presidential fleet has consisted of two highly specialized and configured Boeing 747-200B aircraft which the airforce designates as "VC-25's"
* Differences between the VC-25 and the standard Boeing 747 include:
State-of-the-art navigation, electronics and communications equipment
Interior configuration and furnishings
Self-contained baggage loader
Capability for in-flight refueling
* The President's accomodations include:
An executive suite consisting of a stateroom with dressing room, lavatory and shower
Conference/dining room available to the president, his family and staff. Separate accommodations are provided for guests, staff, media and secret service.
* The VC-25 has a compartment outfitted with medical equipment and supplies for minor medical emergencies
* The VC-25 can support up to 100 meals at one sitting.
The 2020 IT Blog Awards, hosted by Cisco, is now open for submissions through October 16. Submit your blog, vlog or podcast today. For more information, including category details, the process, past winners and FAQs, check out: https:...
We have CUCM and CUC (v12.5) which has been directly registered to Cisco's Smart Licensing, but today's I noticed this error from RTMT "Smart Licensing Authorization Renewal Failure". I tried to force the re-authroization and re-registration and now it sa...
Hello I have a Cisco 7841 3pcc Phone, if I specify a custom ringtone and try to play it, it is spit out in the log> Bad parameter in Ring File field: w = tftp: //192.168.220.120/TEST.rawand the standard sound plays.-----------4047 ERR Jan 17 16: 15: 33...