Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified IM & Presence 12.5.1

Hi, 

I'm Using Cisco Unified IM & Presence of version 12.5.1.11900-117. In the navigation Presence->Routing->Static Routes ->Add new in the Protocol type unable to view the TLS protocol type. 

Please help us to solve the issue.

Regards,

Navinkumar S 

4 Replies 4

Check if you might have installed the unrestricted version of CUPS. It would not contain any cryptographic features.

Below screenshot is from one of our systems that is installed with restricted version that does contain cryptographic features.

image.png
Key thing is that you don't want it to say Unrestricted after the version.

Response Signature

Hi,

I checked the version of CUPS. It is an unrestricted version only.

I have attached a screenshot too.

Regards,

Navinkumar S

I think Roger got things backwards in his post, the UNrestricted version is the one that DOES NOT have strong encryption.

In the past, export licenses, government regulations, and import restrictions have limited our supply of Unified Communications Manager and IM and Presence Service worldwide. We have obtained an unrestricted U.S. export classification to address this issue; IM and Presence Service supports an export unrestricted (XU) version only. The unrestricted version differs from previous releases of IM and Presence Service in that it does not contain strong encryption capabilities.

After you install an unrestricted release, you can never upgrade to a restricted version. You are not allowed to perform a fresh installation of a restricted version on a system that contains an unrestricted version.

The restricted version, which will NOT say so, meaning there is no mention of "restricted" anywhere in the GUI is the one that DOES HAVE strong encryption.

You installed the one that DOES NOT have strong encryption and thus, the TLS options are not there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You’re right Java, I did mix it up. I’ve updated my answer.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: