Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Presence Inter-Cluster trouble

Hello.

I have a strange problem but no notifications when i log in to CUP so I don't know where to start.

Here is the senario

Site 1: CUP 8.6.4

Site 2: CUP 8.5.4

My user is assigned to site 1.

I can find users from Site 2 and add to my contacts.

I can not see status.

If i IM they get it.

User in site 2 can not reply on my IM and don't see my status.

where should I start to look?

Please be specific as I am still quite new to this

Thank you,

-Alex

5 Replies 5

Hi Alexander,

Is this a new installation or it was working before ?

Can you tell me if there is any problem reported in

CUP admin pages --> Diagnostics --> System Dashboard

CUP admin pages --> Diagnostics --> System Troubleshooter

There is a section about interclustering

Go to

CUP Admin pages --> Presence --> Interclustering

Find the intercluster peer and check its status

HTH,

Christos

Thank you for your reply!

It was working earlier, I think it was set up beofre Site 1 got upgraded to 8.6.1.

I am not shure if it stopped worked directly after upgrade.

Could that be the case?

Would it help to remove the Inter-Cluster Peer and configure it again?

Site 1:

Intercluster peer show no errors.

On the dashboard I get this error for Inter-clustering:

Site 2:

Intercluster peer show no errors.

Verify that dialback secrets is consistent across all inter-cluster peers.

both site 1 and site 2 have seperate CM cluster which sync to same AD.

Any ideas?

In presence viewer on server in site 1 i search for a user that is assigned to site 2:

In site 2 i sarch for a user that is assigned to site 1:

View Duplicates

Hi Alexander,

While looking around for this issue I bumped into this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/rel_notes/cup8xrn.html#wp2988971

I copy here for your convenience

Problem

Configuring intercluster connections between a Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(1) cluster and a cluster running Cisco Unified Presence 8.0(x) or 8.5(x) may impact functionality on the Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(1) cluster; specifically, users may experience one-way presence and IM with users on other Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(1) nodes. This does not affect intercluster communication between Cisco Unified Presence 8.5 and Cisco Unified Presence 7.x.

Cause

This condition occurs because the XCP Router component has undergone a fix to address a stability issue in Jabber XCP when running Cisco Unified Presence in a very large scale deployment (greater than 26 nodes). This fix does not allow for backward compatibility with some earlier versions of Cisco Unified Presence.

Solution

You must upgrade all clusters to Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.6(1). After you have upgraded the remaining Cisco Unified Presence 8.0(x) or 8.5(x) clusters, you must restart the Cisco UP XCP Router service on each Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(1) node. This is server impacting. For more information, see the Upgrade Guide for Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.6 here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6837/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Alternatively, you must remove any Cisco Unified Presence 8.0(x) or 8.5(x) intercluster peers from the Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(1) clusters and remove any Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(1) intercluster peers from the Cisco Unified Presence 8.0(x) or 8.5(x) clusters. The procedure below is service impacting:

Go to the above link to find more information.

Although your description doesn't match 100%, I would definitely recommend to upgrade the remaining CUP version from 8.5 to 8.6

HTH,

Christos

I was affraid of that.

Our HW in site 2 does not support 8.6 and we had some trouble at site 1 that we fixed with upgrading to 8.6.

well, we just have to hurry with the new HW.

Thank you very much for finding the cause of my problem.

I was starting to go crazy for not finding any soluiotn...

BR,

Alexander

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: