cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 7.0 -- By what mechanism do users receive incoming voicemails as emails in their Exchange mailboxes?

AvantiPress
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 7.0 setup and Exchange 2007 and we're trying to figure out how our users receive voicemails as emails in their inboxes, as part of an Exchange server migration.  When the user marks the voicemail as read, it also deactivates the MWI on their phone as necessary.

How is this facilitated?

From documentation I've read, it appears this is done through Unity Connection, but as far as I know we do not have any Unity Connection servers.

Does anyone know how this is set up / configured, and if there is an easy way to determine where/if Unity Connection is installed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the box runs Windows, you have the old Unity, if it runs Linux, you have CUC.

Old Unity forcefully required a message store (Exchange or Domino) to hold the messages, and that's why you get that behavior.

CUC can work independently of Exchange, but you need to integrate with Exchange to get the same SIB/UM behavior.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/402/installation/guide/ex/IG_020.html

Either flavor is past their EOS/EOL and you won't find a lot of documentation on it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the box runs Windows, you have the old Unity, if it runs Linux, you have CUC.

Old Unity forcefully required a message store (Exchange or Domino) to hold the messages, and that's why you get that behavior.

CUC can work independently of Exchange, but you need to integrate with Exchange to get the same SIB/UM behavior.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/402/installation/guide/ex/IG_020.html

Either flavor is past their EOS/EOL and you won't find a lot of documentation on it.

HTH

java

Thanks, Jaime.
Do you know where the configuration for the connection to the message store is located?

I don't recall where that is, it has been many years since I stopped working with Unity, your best option is to try to locate old documentation that might scattered on the web to find the section on changing/updating the message store.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: