Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 7.0

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support ,

Previoulsy  We are running Cisco voice Mail system , later we upgrade to cisco Unified Messaging System i.e cisco Unity 7.0 .

most of the user extension are configure from Callmanager 7.0  as  "Forward No Answer Internal" to voice mail system and other end unified messaign is not configuration for that extension.

so any user calling to internal extension to other extenison if no answer call will forward to voice mail system and it give this message as below  

hello cisco unity messaging system frm touch  tone extension dial extension  any time or dial 4 extension direction .

otherwise please hold for an operator . Sorry operator is not availabe . record you message ............ etc.

So most of the user are expericing this problem calls are forward to voice mail . 

So please advice how we can setup call forwad to operator along with editable message "Please hold call has been forwarded to the Operator. after certain rings.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Syed .

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd check the routing rules and the VM profile to make sure they're properly configured.

Assuming there's a matching DN in Unity for whoever is FW the call, and the routing rules are not modified, you should end up in their VM box.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thansk for your feedback,  Call FW have been checked  on call manager at user  DN , On Unity we didn't configure any DN for Call FW.

Thanks

Syed

If I understand your description correct your saying that the user/DN doesn't have a VM box. Right? If so that's why you get the standard login prompt in Unity for a CFNA call.

If you want unanswered internal calls to get a message and then call your reception/operator, you could use a call handler in Unity. Record a greeting message, set after greeting action to transfer to it self and set transfer to action so that it calls the extension of the reception/operator desk phone.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature