Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 8 compatibility

I have a client who is still running Cisco Unity 8.0(3) with CUCM 7.1.5.  They are wanting to upgrade CUCM to 10 ASAP but with keep Unity 8 for a short while as they get ready to move to Exchange UM.

I was looking for compatibility between Untiy 8 and CUCM 10 but only found the following.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cutspmtx.html#wp51076

This shows CUCM 9.0(x) is compatible but there is nothing about CUCM 10.  I was just wondering if there is a newer matrix out there that shows CUCM 10 working with Unity 8 or if they are just not compatible.

Thank,

Cameron

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cameron,

I don't think the testing and compatibility info would ever be done between these two versions due to the End of SW maintenance date shown below;

Table 1. End-of-Life Milestones and Dates for the Cisco Unity 8.0

Milestone

Definition

Date

End-of-Life Announcement Date

The date the document that announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life of a product is distributed to the general public.

August 1, 2011

End-of-Sale Date

The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date.

January 30, 2012

Last Ship Date:
App. SW

The last-possible ship date that can be requested of Cisco and/or its contract manufacturers. Actual ship date is dependent on lead time.

April 29, 2012

End of SW Maintenance Releases Date:
App. SW

The last date that Cisco Engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes. After this date, Cisco Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software.

January 29, 2013

End of New Service Attachment Date:
App. SW

For equipment and software that is not covered by a service-and-support contract, this is the last date to order a new service-and-support contract or add the equipment and/or software to an existing service-and-support contract.

January 29, 2013

End of Service Contract Renewal Date:
App. SW

The last date to extend or renew a service contract for the product.

April 27, 2014

Last Date of Support:
App. SW

The last date to receive service and support for the product. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete.

January 31, 2015

from;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unity/end_of_life_notice_c51-681593.html

Cheers!

Rob

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Rob said, Unity is pretty much history so you likely won't see any notes on compatibility with updated CUCM versions going forward.  With that said, the TSP is the main concern in terms of compatibility.  What I would tell you is that if you are running the latest TSP then it will probably work just fine.  However, you wouldn't get any support if it does not.  The other thing I would tell you is that you should encourage your client to migrate over to Unity Connection.  You can migrate over the data really easily with COBRAS and get them onto a supported product that has a lot of upside in terms of its architecture.

Hailey