Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Unity 9 forward VoiceMails

dragos_sony
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have Cisco Unity Connection 9 and i wanted to know if it's possible to forward a voice-mail in outlook inbox (already done that and it;s working) and automaticaly delete it from the phone. 

Bassicaly i don't want to have any voice-message on the phone, i want to have them in my outlook inbox

Cheers!

3 Replies 3

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you are looking for is the Relay Feature. Go to Edit > Message Actions. Set Voicemail to Relay the Message and provide the Relay Address.

If you have Unified Messaging Configured, reading/deleting the message on Outlook with automatically mark the message as read / delete the message on Unity. If you do not want MWI, you can disable that.

Relay Feature. Go to Edit > Message Actions. Set Voicemail to Relay the Message and provide the Relay Address. - already done that and it's working.

an for the Unified messaging i have 

and for the user i have selected the message action and relay to email address but when i leave a voice-mail the voice mail appears on the phone and in outlook inbox.

but when i delete it from outlook it doesn't get deleted on the phone

These are two different feature here.

If you set the message action to relay (and not accept and relay) for voicemail, the message is sent to Outlook only and cannot be accessed via phone (because a copy of the message is not stored on unity connection)

If you have configured unified messaging, a copy of the message is send to Outlook and also in the Unity Connection mailbox. Deleting this message on outlook should delete the message on unity connection > this is the purpose of unified messaging

If you want to use unified messaging feature, you do not have to set the message action to relay the message. unified messaging synchronizes messages via EWS and the relay feature works via SMTP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: