Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity - Active Directory integration

noc_soc69
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening.

How could we integrate Active Directory (AD) with Cisco Unity Connection so we can authenticate on the Unity web interface with the domain Admin credentials?

We think this issue is about LDAP Authentication, but there must be something we are missing.

Note: We do not want to integrate AD. We only want to authenticate with the domain user Admin on the Unity.

Cisco Unity

Version 11.5.1.11900-26

PAK: 6871J237A5B

It is installed on a virtual machine, stand alone mode.

Regards,

Alexis de Pinedo.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to create LDAP integration in Unity in order to allow users to be imported from LDAP and assigned to administrator role to login as admins.  You can still define all users as local users if you do not want end users to be LDAP integrated.

I have a working LDAP synch and am trying to login with an LDAP user assigned to admin roles. For some reason the login doesn't work. We are running 11.5, I have tried just the username and with domain name. The user is assigned system admin role.

Do you have both LDAP directory and LDAP authentication configured?

What application is this CUCM or CUC?

Can you login to self service user portal as use if CUCM or CUC inbox if CUC?

Hi Chris,

Yes LDAP is enabled for end users. Unity version 11.5, The web inbox is failing also. I saw another thread that said to try and restart the tomcat service which I did. I am going to grab the tomcat logs from rtmt now.

Thanks for taking the time to help Chris. I found the issue was in the search dn. It didn't match my base dn. I found that in the tomcat security logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: