cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity as an Auto Attendant - Engaged if more than one user calls it

simon.preston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi this is probably really simply, but I have Cisco Unity setup as an auto attendant so we can have menu options on a certain extension. This all works fine but it only allows a single call to it at once, we have 6 lines in total so would want this many theoretically to all be accessing the auto attendant at the same time - currently if more than one person dials the extension it is engaged.

Thankyou

Simon

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the call flow, and how is the integration configured???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but simply as I understand it is Calls come in via PSTN > Hit our gateway and are routed to CUCM > I've set the extension to route all calls to this DN to voicemail > Setup a system call handler in Unity for that extension, picks up fine and takes user input as I want. It's just it only lets a single call through the the voicemail/system call handler at a time. But we do only have a single voicemail box licence, could this be the issue? Or could it be because we only have a single port setup on Unity?

Hope that makes sense!

Simon

Hi,

It's because you only have one port. To be able to handle multiple calls you need to have more than one port in CUC.

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Simon,

Your issue here is due to the fact that you only have a single VM Port built for the integration. The number of ports is equal to the number of concurrent calls the system can handle. So, you will need to add more VM Ports to handle more concurrent calls to the AA. Check out this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny/cucintcucmskinny020.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Great, that gives me somewhere to look at, and am I correct in thinking the ports need adding on Unity (Telephony Integrations > Port) and also to CUCM under Advance Features > Cisco Voice Mail Port ? So say I add 4 extra ports to Unity I also need to add 4 extra ports to CUCM?

Thankyou

Hi,

Yes you need to add the ports on both sides.

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature

Great stuff, makes perfect sense now, essentially the voicemail port extension numbers are a hunt list/line group!

Thanks Rob & Roger, much appreciated.

Hi Simon,

You are most welcome! Glad to be of some small help,

Cheers!

Rob

PS: +5 to my friend Roger for consistently beating me to the punch here :)

Thanks mate, (+5) to you too for keeping me on my toes. :)

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: